Two kittens from different litters

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Elephants
New Cat Chatter

Two kittens from different litters

Post by Elephants »

Hi, we are collecting a kitten next week, a female Maine Coon x tabby. I read that it’s not a bad idea to have a friend for the kitten but none of her siblings are left so was thinking about another kitten from another litter. I have seen another little female (Maine Coon x ragdoll) a week older, but I’m not sure? I have read many positive things but also not so positive things. I have kept two kittens before but they were siblings and were fine
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Two kittens from different litters

Post by fjm »

I have introduced young cats (under 12 months) to kittens with no problem - they were so delighted to have someone to play with that they didn't even think about being territorial. I would think it would be very similar with two kittens, especially if you got them close together. I would still be careful, of course, and be prepared for gradual introductions just in case.
Elephants
New Cat Chatter

Post by Elephants »

Thank you so much for your reply. That’s good to know, that’s what I was thinking. It would be ideal to have one of her siblings had they not all gone now but the kitten from the other litter is only a week older so I was hopeful that that would help. We were also thinking if we got them on the same day maybe that would be better than introducing one a few days later
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by alanc »

My Maine Coons Badger and Tilly, although coming from the same breeder were not siblings. No problems between them.
Elephants
New Cat Chatter

Post by Elephants »

Thank you :) well we are collecting them next week so hopefully we don’t have any problems