i know of cruelty case but not sure what to do

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
loubie
Returning Cat Chatter

i know of cruelty case but not sure what to do

Post by loubie »

I am not sure what i can do? I bought a kitten a few months back from a breeder, I never went to the house as I lived far away and I thought I'd asked all the right questions. I was a bit worried by the fact she had loads of litters due but I let my heart rule my head and took the kitten. I took him to the vets were he was treated for cat flu, worms and ringworm , he was very thin and me and all my other pets caught the ring worm because as they had washed him it wasn't obvious at first. I was taken in and that's my fault and Ive done my best to help him. Hes healthy now which is great I just wish I could do something to help the other cats/ kittens. Ive lost their address so the RSPCA can't c
Do anything but have all the other details on them including phone numbers and know there is currently 3 litters for sale who potentially have what my boy had. Is there anything I can do to help them
    Hazel
    VIP Cat Chatter!
    No. of cats in household: 2

Re: i know of cruelty case but not sure what to do

Post by Hazel »

Look up the RSPCA helpline number on google.

Is your cat a moggy or a specific breed? If it's a breed also look up the breed clubs and report her. She probably doesn't belong to any but if she does they would hopefully strike her off making it more difficult to sell kittens.

Also, if you are on Facebook, look up Campaign against puppy farming and get in touch with them too. I know they are not puppies but people selling poorly animals for profit is wrong and they need to be stopped.
    Hazel
    VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

Oh I forgot, I think all kittens have worms so if this is the only problem just be careful! It sounds like it wasn't though. Good luck.
    Hunnybunny
    VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hunnybunny »

All kittens don't have worms at birth, they get them from mums that are not properly wormed (thats most of them) which is why fleaing and worming a pregnant cat is the most important thing you can do to give the kittens the best possible start.
    Hazel
    VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

Thanks for correcting me, the feral we found had them but everyone on here told me it was normal (obviously that was just for a feral kitten). It does look like these poor things are not getting properly looked after then.
    sarie
    VIP Cat Chatter!
    No. of cats in household: 3

Post by sarie »

I'd just phone up the number and pretend to be interested in taking on a kitten; don't let on you already got one from them. Get their address by suggesting you might arrange a viewing and then give it to the RSPCA, let them handle it.