Temporary Fostering?

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Adnil
New Cat Chatter

Temporary Fostering?

Post by Adnil »

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help - I have an elderly relative in the Northamptonshire area who has had to go into hospital. We don't know how long she'll be in (or if indeed she'll get home again) and we're trying to find temporary foster care for her cat while we find out what's going on. Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere that might be able to help?

We can't put him into a cattery because we don't know his vaccination status. We don't think he's even registered with a vet.

I would happily take him in, but I'm about 400 miles away and there is no family nearby who can have him either.

Any and all suggestions welcome. We'd obviously pay for vets bills and for anything he needs.

Thanks.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Temporary Fostering?

Post by Kay »

I would start by contacting https://www.cats.org.uk/northampton

if they can't help they might know of somewhere that can
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Temporary Fostering?

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi Adnil,

We are often asked about temporary fostering services, and our Help Desk has a comprehensive list of suggestions. Also, they may have details of regional fostering services available, depending on where your elderly relative lives. So I would suggest emailing them on: cat.advice (at) catchat.org letting them know about your situation and which area your elderly relative lives in, and they will send you all our current suggestions.

Hope that helps.