To Borrow a Cat trap

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
catwomen1
New Cat Chatter

To Borrow a Cat trap

Post by catwomen1 »

Hi live in Islington & have rescued stray cats for many years & have always been able to use a normal basket for catch them in. . This stray cat is a boy I can stroke him & he is waiting most nights for food. However as he has been going around for a while not spayed he is not friendly enough to pick up & put in basket .

I have him down on a waiting list with a charity no kill place that will rehome I want to trap as soon as possible and I will get him spayed etc. while waiting for him to go the charity. I will keep him with me until the charity has space .

I would be so grateful & would give a deposit for a trap if necessary I can assure you I will return it. I need to trap him quick as you know how dangerous it is in London for cats he is crossing main roads.

Hope you can help Kathrine
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: To Borrow a Cat trap

Post by booktigger »

Does the charity who is going to take him not have a trap you can borrow? I know some vets do loan them out with a deposit, other than that contact your local CP. Good luck
Rainrescue
New Cat Chatter

Post by Rainrescue »

Thats really kind of you, and a great way to really help this chap. You can always buy a trap on MDC Exports ltd https://www.mdcexports.co.uk/
and then give it to the group that are taking him in or sell it afterwards?

We here at Rain Rescue, are in South Yorkshire but we do loan them out - we ask for a deposit due to people not looking after them and they can easily get stolen/lost and since we have done the deposit - they always get returned.

Good luck, hope you get him/her sorted and neutered - and then you will know if he is feral (in which case he will probably be returned) or tame and scared and they can hopefully rehome him.
BARCLAY
New Cat Chatter

Post by BARCLAY »

I also live in Islington and have borrowed traps in the past from the Islington senior animal welfare officer, Joe Clarke. Why not contact the Council's Animal Welfare on 020 7527 3222 or email [email protected].

https://www.islington.gov.uk/environmen ... al-welfare