Help needed - new home required

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
NewhomeforKitty
New Cat Chatter

Help needed - new home required

Post by NewhomeforKitty »

Hello I am hoping someone can help me.
We desperately need to rehome Kitty due to her trying to live with another family, who up until now have been patient with her behaviour.
It's getting hot and any window left open Kitty will find her way into the house and leave dead animals.
We are in Luton but we are looking for a home further afield so she will not find her way back.

We first found Kitty under our shed in August 2017 where she had her babies.
We took them all in and found homes for 3 of them, 2 boys stayed as they were (and still are) very attached to each other and hardly anyone wants two cats at the same time. Over the years Kitty has resented the 2 boys even though they are hers and so much so she is trying to live elsewhere.
The house is not far away, she must go over the gardens and it takes about 5 mins for us to walk there so for her it will be even quicker. They are not feeding her and she still comes back twice a day to eat and promptly leaves. This is quite upsetting for my mum who loved Kitty so much due to her being a lap cat during the day.

Can anyone help us please? It is going to be hot in the next few days and it's not fair that this family cannot keep their windows open for fear of Kitty bringing animals in etc. I have tried many rescue centre however nobody has extended their help. I realise there are lots of strays around that need shelter however Kitty has made it clear she doesn't want to live with us and the people she wants as her own do not want a cat.

Thanks in advance
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Help needed - new home required

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hello from Cat Chat

Sorry to hear you need to find Kitty a new home. Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page should help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat
You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org