Need a temporary foster home asap

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Terrie-Sakura
New Cat Chatter

Need a temporary foster home asap

Post by Terrie-Sakura »

My mum unfortunately passed away last week, and I've been going over to feed them and spend as much time with them as i can, but i live in a shared house that does not allow pets, so i cannot bring them with me at the moment, until i have a more permanent address, which could take up to 2 years. These cats mean so much to me and my mum, they are family and i couldn't imagine rehoming them without at least first trying my best to keep them close to me. I don't know anyone who can take them on that i trust, I've tried the cinnamon trust but my mum wasn't eligible. Is there something i can do to make this happen? I live in Bristol. Any ideas? Thank you
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Need a temporary foster home asap

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi Terrie, so sorry to hear about your mum.

We are often asked about temporary fostering services, and our HelpDesk has a comprehensive list of suggestions. Also they may have details of regional fostering services available, depending on where you live. So I would suggest emailing our HelpDesk on: [email protected] letting them know which area you live in, and they will send you all our current suggestions.

Although, with your potential timescale being up to 2 years, it might be easier for the cats to be rehomed permanently, it's something to consider anyway. If you find yourself considering that option, Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page should help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

Best of luck, I hope you find a good solution soon.