how do I find a forever home

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
jillytillo
New Cat Chatter

how do I find a forever home

Post by jillytillo »

Evening all

My daughter and I have a beautiful 1 year old grey tabby called Mr Bear. He's so affectionate loving and well just part of our family. Last week the doctor told us the worst news that my daughter has asthma and is allergic to our baby boy bear. I'm distraught as he is amazing company for my daughter.
Please advise as to how I can find him a home where he is loved and cherished.

We are based in Telford, Shropshire
Thank you
Hunnybunny
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: how do I find a forever home

Post by Hunnybunny »

Unless detrimental to her health allergies and asthma don't necessarily mean the end of cat ownership.

I was diagnosed as asthmatic at 11 years old and am also allergic to nearly everything including cats but have 12, run a rescue and have had cats in multiple numbers since i was born and i think you will find other people on hear also have cat allergies so please don't give up hope and take the GP's advise as the only option. GP's like the easy fix and the likelihood is that the removal of the cat will not remedy the problem as asthma is far more complicated than that and I would assume she is allergic to other things as well.

I don't do anything preventative re my asthma and allergies but do your research on Google and if you really want to keep your boy in the family its worth at least trying a few suggestions.

Others will I'm sure give you ideas of things to try.

Good luck
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: how do I find a forever home

Post by KittyWitty »

Give this a read: http://jacksongalaxy.com/2014/08/28/all ... ic-to-cats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;