Two lovelly cats

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Jack
New Cat Chatter

Two lovelly cats

Post by Jack »

I have a very serious problem. I'm living in London in a flat with two cats. Unfortunately, it was an accident in Poland with my father. I have to back to Poland for some period of time. I don't know for how long, probably 2-3 months. I want to take my cats with me, but they don't have a passports and I know it takes at least 21 days, before they could travel. Any of my friends are not allowed to take them to their place and I can't afford to put them to the cat's hotel and don't want to leave them in the shelter.
Is there any chance to help me? Some kind of organization, which could make passport for them, look after them in that period of time and send them to me, to Poland.
Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Jack
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Two lovelly cats

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome. You don't say where you are but you could try asking round rescues in your area to see whether they could assist you with temporary rehoming, or they may have other suggestions for you. If you click on your area on the map here you will find a list of local rescues:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best of luck.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Two lovelly cats

Post by Crewella »

I've no experience, and I've no idea as to costs, but there are companies that will arrange passports and transport for pets. It might be worth ringing round to see what they suggest - sometimes you can strike lucky and get a helpful bod on the end of the phone.

I believe Catcuddles sanctuary in Greenwich sometimes take in temporary boarders to help fund their rescue cats, they also might be worth trying.

I hope you manage to sort something out for them. Good luck.