PLEASE, HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
booboo99
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

PLEASE, HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

Post by booboo99 »

Please, please, please can anyone help us. I live in Keighley with Boo , my 16 yr old little cat. Over the last few weeks 2 cats have appeared, I've asked everyone round hear & they all say there strays, we've lived hear since last Dec. There's a big lovely tom I've called Ben, it's taken time but now he talks to me let's me stroke him & even rolls over for me & head buts my hand, I feed him daily. Then there's sweet, beautiful little twinkle, she's so friendly sits on my window bottom or my door step, I opened my door the other day & she literally FELL in , she gives me kisses.I also feed her , she's sneaked in but my boo growls & hisses at her I know she'd never accept either of them. I would take them if she would. It breaks my heart to see them so alone outside with no home, it's so wrong they deserve so much more. I just know they'd both male wonderful pets given the chance. Thinking of them out in the cold & rain is so upsetting. I'm due to move at some point but I just can't go without finding them shelter. I've contacted cats protection in the hope of borrowing a trap to take them there, at least then they'd have shelter, warmth & food & a chance of finding their forever homes. I'd take them there but I don't have a car just now. All I want is to find them shelter & to know there safe . If anyone knows of anyone who can help or if you can help please, please, please contact me on face book, Mandy Alderson. There both in need of neutering , they don't appear to have fleas which is odd, but a good odd. There beautiful cats who deserve their forever homes & to be loved . Even posting this is making me cry. It makes me so flipping angry, why do people get a pet then throw it out as if it doesn't matter. They deserve to be part of someone's family, they deserve to be loved, to have a nice cosy bed to have a nice home with plenty of food
I know if they were rescued into a shelter it wouldn't take long for someone to want to take them home
please help if you can .
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: PLEASE, HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello Mandy and welcome to CC.

I'm not sure where to start. I'm not that up-to-speed on the 'stray' front in England, most of the strays here seem to end up with either us or another family in the village!

Are you sure they are strays? They don't sound like strays. Perhaps their owner has just moved into (or out of) the area and is not that concerned about their welfare (but is STILL their owner). I think some folks on here might suggest a paper(?) collar, and see if someone responds.

Are you sure the little girl is not neutered? If she is not, it should be a priority to get her 'done'. That might move you up the list if your local cat/animal home has a TNR (trap, neuter, release) scheme. This is all supposing no one owns them.

I suppose there is no chance that Boo might be won over?

I know what you mean about your anger over this. At the moment we have a little dog visiting us. Under the long, matted coat is a delightful, extremely timid Yorkshire Terrier. God knows how she got in that state, but I've asked Him to give her owners boils on their bottoms for letting her get that way! She is so scared I can't get close enough to do anything! She is fine with the cats and my ex-stray Tommy has befriended her. The weather here is AWFUL and I am very worried about her.

I'm sure other folks will be along soon with just the right advice. Thank you for caring enough to do something.

Sue
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

bless you for caring, and I do understand how you feel - I have been feeding two apparent strays (though one looks like a full pedigree siamese) outside

for months and have set up cosy outdoor kennels for them - is this something you could do to set your mind at rest? neither of my two waifs will let me near them, so I don't attempt to do more than feed twice a day and offer the shelter, and won't try to trap them unless either shows signs of needing a vet visit, or shows signs of wanting more than the life they have now

do you feed a full day's food, and is it a cheap brand? that is what I do, and I reckon if either was being fed elsewhere they wouldn't be coming every day without fail for what I offer
booboo99
New Cat Chatter

Post by booboo99 »

bobbys girl wrote:Hello Mandy and welcome to CC.

I'm not sure where to start. I'm not that up-to-speed on the 'stray' front in England, most of the strays here seem to end up with either us or another family in the village!

Are you sure they are strays? They don't sound like strays. Perhaps their owner has just moved into (or out of) the area and is not that concerned about their welfare (but is STILL their owner). I think some folks on here might suggest a paper(?) collar, and see if someone responds.

Are you sure the little girl is not neutered? If she is not, it should be a priority to get her 'done'. That might move you up the list if your local cat/animal home has a TNR (trap, neuter, release) scheme. This is all supposing no one owns them.

I suppose there is no chance that Boo might be won over?

I know what you mean about your anger over this. At the moment we have a little dog visiting us. Under the long, matted coat is a delightful, extremely timid Yorkshire Terrier. God knows how she got in that state, but I've asked Him to give her owners boils on their bottoms for letting her get that way! She is so scared I can't get close enough to do anything! She is fine with the cats and my ex-stray Tommy has befriended her. The weather here is AWFUL and I am very worried about her.

I'm sure other folks will be along soon with just the right advice. Thank you for caring enough to do something.

Sue
booboo99
New Cat Chatter

Post by booboo99 »

Kay wrote:bless you for caring, and I do understand how you feel - I have been feeding two apparent strays (though one looks like a full pedigree siamese) outside

for months and have set up cosy outdoor kennels for them - is this something you could do to set your mind at rest? neither of my two waifs will let me near them, so I don't attempt to do more than feed twice a day and offer the shelter, and won't try to trap them unless either shows signs of needing a vet visit, or shows signs of wanting more than the life they have now

do you feed a full day's food, and is it a cheap brand? that is what I do, and I reckon if either was being fed elsewhere they wouldn't be coming every day without fail for what I offer