Temporary foster care - Help needed

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
db1
New Cat Chatter

Temporary foster care - Help needed

Post by db1 »

Hi all,
I am being evicted from my rental home next week of Friday 18th September and find myself with my 2 children having to go into temporary accommodation for a short time - not entirely sure how long for could be a week could be a couple of months.
As this is temporary housing I am not allowed to take my pets with me, so I have been looking to see if there is any organisation that takes in cats on a temporary foster basis.
I have 2 cats one female age 4 and one male age 3 - both being very homely loving pets.
I have tried cats protection and the RSPCA and they can only advise a friend or catteries.
Unfortunately none of my friends can help out at the time (also have a dog that a friend is helping to look after for me) and catteries are coming out really expensive for 2 cats plus I'm not entirely sure how long they would need to be looked after for.
Of course I am willing to pay someone for this and ideally locally so we could visit
Ware from Chelmsford in Essex.
If anyone knows anyone or any organisation that could help out - it would be great appreciated
Thank you
Nikki x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Temporary foster care - Help needed

Post by Crewella »

I'm sorry to hear you're in such a tough situation. It will still cost something, but might be worth giving Catcuddles in Greenwich a call, as they sometimes take in temporary foster cats to help fund the rescue pens. Good luck.