Sadly need to rehome my two female cats

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
ellamatheron
New Cat Chatter

Sadly need to rehome my two female cats

Post by ellamatheron »

Good afternoon everyone,

After a great deal of consideration it is with much regret & sadness that I will need to rehome my two cats (sisters) (British shorthair, 8 years old, neutered, chipped) due to my recent separation/forthcoming divorce. Unfortunately I am not able to take them with me once I leave the current marital home. My ex is also not in a position to take them with him. I am currently asking family & friends to see if I can find them a loving home but as yet no one is able to. I currently live in Old Harlow, Essex.

I have contacted the rehoming centres in my area and am awaiting responses but thought I'd post here too to see if the word can be spread.

The cats are called Ozzie (first thought to be a boy!) & Mabel. Ozzie is a very loving, affectionate cat and loves nothing more than to be on your lap and in your company. Mabel similarly is a very loving affectionate cat, loves a cuddle but is the more independent of the two. They are active & playful and at the moment seem to enjoy being indoors more given the unsettled nature of home life. They do love the outdoors and bring in the odd 'present' for me. They are generally good around people but are used to quieter household as they tend to get skittish and need to build confidence around lots of people. That said I think this trust would be easily gained with them, it simply isn't something they are used to but feel they could develop this.

My wish would be that they are ideally rehomed together.

Any support that could be given here to spread the word would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ella
Hera
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Sadly need to rehome my two female cats

Post by Hera »

Southern British Shorthair Cat Club have a rehome section on their web site. Might be worth contacting them.