Rehomed a rescue cat

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
jennauk2
New Cat Chatter

Rehomed a rescue cat

Post by jennauk2 »

hi, we rehomed a rescue cat on Friday called lulu and she has settled in extremely well! She's so happy and playing with all her toys etc! We also have another cat who isn't very happy with her and hisses and meows at her and won't be in the same room as her although lulu doesn't care about her at all and I think she wants them to be friends, any advice on how to get them to try and get on?
suelily
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Rehomed a rescue cat

Post by suelily »

I rehomed a cat 8 weeks ago but I had kept them in separate rooms for the first week and introduced them slowly. Was some hissing at first but not too bad. Now they chase each other up and down the house. They eat from each others bowls and use both litter trays. All in all I am glad I got another cat I love it. Did you just put them together from the start? Each to their own but I couldn't have.
jennauk2
New Cat Chatter

Post by jennauk2 »

Yeah we did but now I wish we hadn't! We don't have a big house so to keep the new one couped up I thought was a bit mean considering she got used to the house almost straight away! Maybe we will have try and start again? How did you do it?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

There's some really good advice onthe Cat Chat help page - have a read of this, it really does help!

http://www.catchat.org/hierarchies.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;