Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Kitty
Returning Cat Chatter

Need help for homeless kittens and mum

Post by Kitty »

Cat Chat Feline Forum
Quick links
FAQ Kitty Notifications [0]
Cat Chat Home PageForum / Board IndexCAT CHATGeneral Cat Chatting!
Search
Need help homeless kittens

Search this topic…
SearchAdvanced search
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Kitty
New Cat Chatter
Need help homeless kittens
PostSun Jul 17, 2016 7:48 am

I really need help. I have a mum cat .. a cat of hers from her previous litter (i know this by it taking milk from mum and sleeping etc with them all together)and 2 kittens all living in my garden over 3 weeks. The local shelters will not help. One is just 2 roads away. I have tried 10 !! All full waiting list months away. I have been feeding them all for all this time,which is hard im not working. I also have to feed any cat in the garden at the same time so kittens get some. I have been offered neuter and return !! They are not my cats. The local rescue knows as they took 2 which were here a yr ago.. one pregnant one the owner chucked her out.. but this time i was told "im not taking any not friendly (which they are) im not taking any if not as i have some here which are not, why should i when i can take friendly cats. You need to take them in your house and pick them up" i said they are not my cats im trying to help them.. he said "well they are not my cats either you cant expect everyone to do everythong for you" i was disgusted as is every shelter i have spoke to since. Im allergic to cats but STILL i do touch them stroke them etc. I come out in welts temperature.. yesterday my lip blew up like a balloon. I have one sheltet who has told me they will take if IF i take all 4 in my car.. how i dont know ! And its on outskirts of city. And if not sociable they will return them. They are but im at my wits end . What do i do. How do i take all 4.. i have no one to help me. I hardly leave house due to my health. I have had to help a cat 3 wks ago who i seen in garden with ite eye hanging out and face half gone. Owner didnt believe keeping cats inside. I nearly passed out. After knowing these shelters will not help i wont help any again.. thereis more rudeness and let down from them too but il be here all day .i have to try to get them there tomorrow morning i have been told. Its the only option ove been given . Advice please im in birmingham :(
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Need help for homeless kittens and mum

Post by Crewella »

Hi Kitty (I'm amazed that name was still available!!!) and welcome. I'm so sorry that you're having such problems, but thank you from the bottom of my heart for trying to help. I'm waaaay out of your area, but all I can suggest is to keep trying shelters in and around where you are from this list:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/mids.html

Sadly, all shelters are inundated at the moment (as we are) and I'm so sorry that you've had such a frosty reception, but persistence WILL pay off. Sadly, with so many unwanted cats with kittens at this time of year and every rescue swamped, it IS a fight to get someone to take in cats, but keep trying. You need to stress the fact that you cannot keep them yourself and are allergic, as otherwise all rescues will prioritise any cats without a guardian angel like you over and above yours. I can't really blame them for that, in these tough times we are all having to make tougher decisions that that every day. I wish you all the best, good luck!
Kitty
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Need help for homeless kittens and mum

Post by Kitty »

Crewella wrote:Hi Kitty (I'm amazed that name was still available!!!) and welcome. I'm so sorry that you're having such problems, but thank you from the bottom of my heart for trying to help. I'm waaaay out of your area, but all I can suggest is to keep trying shelters in and around where you are from this list:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/mids.html

Sadly, all shelters are inundated at the moment (as we are) and I'm so sorry that you've had such a frosty reception, but persistence WILL pay off. Sadly, with so many unwanted cats with kittens at this time of year and every rescue swamped, it IS a fight to get someone to take in cats, but keep trying. You need to stress the fact that you cannot keep them yourself and are allergic, as otherwise all rescues will prioritise any cats without a guardian angel like you over and above yours. I can't really blame them for that, in these tough times we are all having to make tougher decisions that that every day. I wish you all the best, good luck!
Hi.. thank you.. yes it was first name I thought of as its what i call a neighbours cat. well I drove there today to the rescue who has offered, with sat nav and picked up some carriers. I need to get all 4 in them tomorrow morning god help me.. im a nervous wreck. I will miss their little faces and dont want the 4 separated but they need a home. After this experience and the one with the seriously injured one I feel I cant help anymore I just did not know all this would happen. I rescued 2 last year.. one I looked after for a week.. who turned out to be pregnant.. 2nd one whos owner across rd chicked her out I had to look after for a month first. But they were both taken by the rescue down the road... the one who refuses to help me now and was so rude. . The other 2 or 3 who come in garden here and there are going to be so used to food being put out. Im kind of in a stuck predicament