rehoming required

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
steffo
New Cat Chatter

rehoming required

Post by steffo »

Hello all
I am in desperate need of help with rehoming a cat. I am based in Lancashire (Burnley).
My partners mum has passed away leaving us with an unwanted cat, I am 7 months pregnant and would be worried with a stranger cat (which it is to me as its not my pet) around my newborn for sleeping on its face, scratching / biting etc.
Our landlord has said we cannot have a cat. So far I have phoned and emailed RSPCA, cat protection, blue cross, the cinnamon trust, bleakholt rspca, Lancashire cat rescue, Blackburn cat rescue, pet rehome 01204304679, national control centre 0300 1234999, second chance 07813904838, leigh cat and dog 01942617215. So far i've had less than helpful responses from these people ranging from "just put the cat down" (the cat is healthy didn't think vets could do this) to just keep phoning round someone will have room but our waiting list is (then minimum answer so far has been 8 months)
The situation is growing more and more desperate as we have to have the keys back for his mums house (the cat owner / deceased) by this weekend.
I have put on facebook buy and sell sitres as well as cat protection sites etc and spend all week generally trying to help this poor animal whos only crime is that its lost its owner?
Can anyone think of anywhere that ive missed or recommend someone that can help? Or a vets that could put a healthy animal down (worst / last case scenario)

The cat is a lovely black and white boy who has been neutered, loves tuna and strokes / being brushed and playing outdoors.
please can anyone offer any help or guidance as I feel like im banging my head against a wall. :|
steffo
New Cat Chatter

Re: rehoming required

Post by steffo »

Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm assuming Lancashire area from your post, but it would really help to put what area you're in in the title/ :)
steffo
New Cat Chatter

Re: rehoming required lancashire

Post by steffo »

steffo wrote:Hello all
I am in desperate need of help with rehoming a cat. I am based in Lancashire (Burnley).
My partners mum has passed away leaving us with an unwanted cat, I am 7 months pregnant and would be worried with a stranger cat (which it is to me as its not my pet) around my newborn for sleeping on its face, scratching / biting etc.
Our landlord has said we cannot have a cat. So far I have phoned and emailed RSPCA, cat protection, blue cross, the cinnamon trust, bleakholt rspca, Lancashire cat rescue, Blackburn cat rescue, pet rehome 01204304679, national control centre 0300 1234999, second chance 07813904838, leigh cat and dog 01942617215. So far i've had less than helpful responses from these people ranging from "just put the cat down" (the cat is healthy didn't think vets could do this) to just keep phoning round someone will have room but our waiting list is (then minimum answer so far has been 8 months)
The situation is growing more and more desperate as we have to have the keys back for his mums house (the cat owner / deceased) by this weekend.
I have put on facebook buy and sell sitres as well as cat protection sites etc and spend all week generally trying to help this poor animal whos only crime is that its lost its owner?
Can anyone think of anywhere that ive missed or recommend someone that can help? Or a vets that could put a healthy animal down (worst / last case scenario)

The cat is a lovely black and white boy who has been neutered, loves tuna and strokes / being brushed and playing outdoors.
please can anyone offer any help or guidance as I feel like im banging my head against a wall. :|
GillianH
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by GillianH »

Oh dear this is very difficult for all concerned.

The poor cat must be wondering what has happened to his owner and you are desperately trying to find a home for him to no avail.

It is very poor that some of the places you have phoned have told you to have the poor boy euthanised. He has done nothing wrong at all yet faces being killed because no one wants him.

Are there no immediate family members of your partner who could take this poor Jasper in, or friends even? Did your partner's mother even mention what she would like to happen to Jasper if anything ever happened to her? Not a nice subject to discuss I know but this situation happens a lot unfortunately.

I would be very wary of anyone who contacts you following you advertising on a Buy and Sell site as often animals are sourced for very cruel reasons.

Have a look at the link below as there could be a shelter on there who you haven't contacted.

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/lancs.html
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html