Mai Mai

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
CharlieB
New Cat Chatter

Mai Mai

Post by CharlieB »

I need to find a foster carer for my cat Mai Mai. Due to an illness in the family I need her to be looked after by patient,loving and caring cat person with older children and possibly no other animals. I have only had her for a few months and she has just started to trust me and will now sit on my knee and be stroked. Mai is an indoor cat,(her original owner lived 3 flights up in a flat) approx 5 years old who was taken in by my son about a year ago when her owner moved abroad. He then moved and could not take her with him. I live in Liverpool and feel very responsible for her as I think she has not had things easy in her life. If there is someone out there who would be willing to care of Mai and keep her safe until I am able to take care of her again I would be extremely grateful.
Charlie
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Mai Mai

Post by Cat-FAQ »

These pages may be of help to you:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat
The rescues may be able to help or advise.

And http://www.papas.org.uk/

Also Cat Chat’s Help Desk will have suggestions about temporary cat care : cat.advice (at) catchat.org
CharlieB
New Cat Chatter

Re: Mai Mai

Post by CharlieB »

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have read and tried what you suggested and I am still looking for either a foster home or it may look like a rehoming of Mai. I am even considering the RSPCA as time is running out. Mai is not cute and cuddly, it has taken her a while to trust and let me stroke her without lashing out, so the idea of letting her go somewhere where they think she cannot be rehomed is a worry. I will try again, I want the best for her. It is not her fault she is in this position, but there are so many animals that need help she is just one of them.
Regards Charlie