I need help please!!! 4 new born kitten lost their mother

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Jirokissawa
New Cat Chatter

I need help please!!! 4 new born kitten lost their mother

Post by Jirokissawa »

Today i found 4 kitten newborn their eyes are still closed their mother fell from a high building and died i don't know what to do i gave them warmed cow milk and found that it's too dangerous for them i don't have anything beside cow milk in my hand i don't know what to do and i live in a third world country so no store that specialize in these thing is there any formula that can save them till their are able to feed on solid food...
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I need help please!!! 4 new born kitten lost their mother

Post by fjm »

Can you get hold of canned evaporated milk? There are several recipes on the internet using that, and it is widely available. If you can get them to suck from an eye dropper or a small syringe with the needle removed, you may be able to raise them. You will also need to encourage them to toilet - massaging tummies with a warm damp cloth. Plan on feeding every 3 hours or so day and night - it is a big commitment.
Jirokissawa
New Cat Chatter

Post by Jirokissawa »

Thank you so much for replying evaporated milk is not available for me we have whole cow milk in 1/2 l package and fortified powder milk i have a syringe i used it to feed them 4 hours ago but only cow milk
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

I don't know I have no experience but I was told once you can add a little bit of mayonnaise - but this website might help with recipes
https://www.hdw-inc.com/glop.htm
I believe the idea is whole milk, yoghurt, mayonnaise, egg yolk and some syrup. Please research this properly though, don't take my word for it as I have no experience or knowledge of raising orphaned kittens.
Jirokissawa
New Cat Chatter

Post by Jirokissawa »

thank you so much i will check it out right now