I rescued a cat and need advice!!!

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Conov17
New Cat Chatter

I rescued a cat and need advice!!!

Post by Conov17 »

PLEASE HELP
I RESCUED a 1 year old cat about a month ago, she has made SUCH amazing progress. She comes out to eat infront of me and I’ve seen her play and such.

But she always resorts to going back into her safe spot which is under the bed. She was becoming more and more active so I decided to introduce her and my dog.

I brought the dog into the safe room and everything seemed ok. I decided to leave the door to her safe room open so she could venture out if she wanted. The first night she ventured into the hallway but now it’s like she has just become less active because the door is open.

Should I just leave the door open and let her venture when she feels like it? I think she might be afraid of my dog because he did chase her in the safe room once.. but she also came from a home with a bunch of animals and I was told she likes other animals (which I have seen) I have no idea what to do in this situation
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: I rescued a cat and need advice!!!

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s blog post on Cats & Dogs Living Together, the information there might help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/blog/ ... e-together

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org

I hope that helps.