Needing advice on 4 strays

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Dovey
New Cat Chatter

Needing advice on 4 strays

Post by Dovey »

Hi,
I've been wracking my brain on what I can do with the strays cats I've been taking care of from the past month. There's a total of four that I need to TNR but I'm not sure how to do that for multiple cats without scaring them and losing their trust. I am considering taking the 3 that seem to be siblings however I already have 4 cats and will be moving shortly. They're already used to being fed day and night that they wait at the door for food so I dont think they can be left to fend for themselves. I am able to pet and pick up 2 of them. I've tried reaching out to 13 shelters but none can take them however I've already become attached to them. I'm reaching out for help since I'm running out of time, any answers would be very helpful, thank you.
(I'll probably TNR the 4th cat because she does seem more feral and use to the neighborhood compared to the others)
My problems I need help with is:
How do I trap multiple cats to get fixed?
If I do TNR them before moving and lose their trust how would I regain it in time before moving?
I think they might be close to a year old, how do I move them into a new environment and adjustments?
How am I suppose to transport them and get them use to other cats? (They have come inside and seen the other cats only some hissing involved)
Thank you
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Needing advice on 4 strays

Post by Kay »

Cat Action Trust are the people to advise/help you best in this situation

http://www.catactiontrust.org.uk/