desperate - urgent help with stray

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
rosierunner
New Cat Chatter

desperate - urgent help with stray

Post by rosierunner »

Hi, please is anyone able to advise? I have been looking after a stray for several months now and I have him on yorkshire cat rescue and local cats protection waiting list for a shelter place. The problem is that I can't see any end in sight and I can't continue to care for him as I'm moving early in the new year into a house that isn't suitable to take him to temporarily. I have stressed with the rescue centres my situation and he has been on waiting lists since July (although I have been looking after him for longer - March when we first went into lockdown). I know the rescue centres are really struggling but I am desperate for a place for him soon. They are however still only taking emergencies it would seem - and I don't appear to fall into the 'emergency' category despite me moving and having to face abandoning him! Does anyone have any experience of rescue centres this year and/or offer some advice as to what I can do? Many thanks. I am in North Leeds
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: desperate - urgent help with stray

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

Thank you for taking care of this stray cat for so long. I've put some links below which may be useful for you:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cats/feral-farm-cats

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org