Kitty „ownership“

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Peachy
New Cat Chatter

Kitty „ownership“

Post by Peachy »

Hello fellow kitty lovers :)I hope someone can help me!
So, I took in a cat because the owner wanted to give her to a shelter so he can get a dog.. I was never given any paperwork but my little furball is vaccined and physically healthy. We had check ups and she is a happy fluff. Now, I’m not originally from the US and would like to go back home. Wht do I have to do in order to travel intl with kitty? I can’t go without her!!!
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Kitty „ownership“

Post by fjm »

It will depend upon which country you are travelling to/through, and how you are travelling. Look at the relevant government websites for details of regulations on importing live animals, and if you are flying study which airlines will let you take a cat in the cabin with you, and the size and type of carrier required. I am sure there are agencies in the States that will manage the process for you, too.

You will certainly require vaccination certificates, and probably evidence of treatment for parasites. Getting these from the original owner, or their permission for the vet to give you copies, would save having to start all over again.