Harvey is missing (Penrith CA11 7TU) (Found)

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
susand
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Harvey is missing (Penrith CA11 7TU) (Found)

Post by susand »

Last seen in my garden in Penrith at 3.15 pm this afternoon (Sunday 29th Aug). He is semi-long haired grey and white with a dark patch on his nose leather. He was wearing a collar with my phone number on it (although it’s a safety collar so may have come off if he got caught somehow). He never stays out more than an hour max and would NEVER miss his dinner so I know somethings wrong.
Last edited by Lisa-D on Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Amended the title as Harvey has been found
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Harvey is missing (Penrith CA11 7TU)

Post by Cat-FAQ »

We’re sorry to hear that Harvey is missing.

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found advice page, the information there might help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found

You might also wish to view the latest Found Cat reports (from PetsReunited.com) here: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/lost-found-cats

Hope that helps.
susand
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Harvey is missing (Penrith CA11 7TU)

Post by susand »

Harvey is now found! He was sitting by the back door miaowing to be let in at 6.30 this morning. I suspect he may have been trapped in a garage or something over the bank holiday. He’s had a hearty breakfast and is now curled up with my other cat, asleep on the bed.
susand
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Harvey is missing (Penrith CA11 7TU) (Found)

Post by susand »

Turns out he'd got into a neighbour's house through the catflap and couldn't get back out (I think they have locked it because they have a new kitten that needs to be kept in). Their house is massive so I can quite see how they might have remained unaware of the presence of an uninvited guest. I had been round and asked the husband to search their garage but didn't think to get him to check under the spare bed upstairs in the loft conversion!!! He was found by husband first thing yesterday morning and booted out. His wife texted me last night to let me know what had happened. I've offered to buy them a microchip operated catflap so it doesn't happen again but they said they want to wait to see if it does. I think I know the answer to that but we'll see.