LOST CAT - MARCHMONT ROAD, EDINBURGH (Found)

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Ninzter
Returning Cat Chatter

LOST CAT - MARCHMONT ROAD, EDINBURGH (Found)

Post by Ninzter »

Sofia is missing from her home in the Marchmont Road area of Edinburgh since around 10pm last night (4th August) She is 1 year old, un-neutered and un-chipped. She is a tabby female, striped, very small and not wearing a collar. She is a very friendly cat but will be scared as there are fireworks being let off in town. She managed to escape from her carrier as her owner was taking her to their new home. He had literally stepped out of the taxi when she escaped.

She is in a strange area and so will not know her surroundings. She had lived in the Silverknowes area previously so please be on the lookout for her. If found, please get in touch with us or contact her owner directly on 07928 758 977 or 01312 379 733
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: LOST CAT - MARCHMONT ROAD, EDINBURGH

Post by Jacks »

Oh my goodness! I do hope you get her! Time is of the essence - as the accident occurred away from her home she is probably still in the close area and you will need to get out when it's quiet and rattle some of her favourite treats and call her. If you're worried about what to do with her if you manage to grab her, another forum member recommended a large pillowcase to bundle a lost cat into, which apparently actually calms them down and will allow you to get her safely home.

I had an accident 3 weeks ago tomorrow with a cat carrier - but it was outside the vet where I was taking the boy to be chipped and neutered! Disaster! He escaped up a gated alley and despite having seen him and the trapping attempts by the vet has so far evaded capture. He was around for about 2 weeks, now we've lost track of him - your girl is likely to be the same. If you can't get your girlie back but know where she is do consider borrowing a trap from the RSPCA - it's not cruel and better to get her home ASAP.

All good wishes for her recovery - and do get her spayed and chipped at the same time. x
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by KittyWitty »

I am not often in the Marchmont area but I do know a few people that live around there - I'll ask them to keep an eye out!
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

do you have a photo so we know what she looks like? got a friend working in marchmont tomorrow!
Ninzter
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Ninzter »

Thank you so much. Here are some photos. I have contacted as many as the local businesses I can find and all the vets, pet shops etc around the area. She is also all over facebook :) She is quite timid but really friendly. Used to outside but we live in a really quiet area and there are the fireworks at the moment up town.

My son and his girlfriend have been out all day looking. I told him earlier about the pillowcase and to try going out when it was quieter too. He's got food (he even bought tuna) and he won't give up. He's devastated. She's been with us since birth and she has grown up with her mum and 2 other cats, and a really stupid labrador which all the cats adore. SHe's not used to being alone :(

I am staying positive though.

Thanks again
Attachments
sofia1.jpg
(95.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sofia2.jpg
(117.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

I'm on a facebook page for animals in midlothian so I'll share her story there! Fingers crossed!

Yeah the fireworks from the Tattoo are pretty loud out at Cameron Toll where I am, so staying in the city centre must be pretty bad.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jacks »

Sophia is beautiful! Can I suggest going out as near to dawn as you can - so depends what time it gets light in Edinburgh - here in London most cats have gone to ground by 7.30 when the noise starts - so anything from 5.30-6.30 is probably good. This is likely when she'll be looking for food. Put leaflets through all the local doors as well - though you've probably done that already.

When searching stop at intervals and sit on a wall, or something, then call - several times - and wait. Call a bit more and wait. A frightened cat will be shy of showing itself, even to a voice it knows. Keep eyes peeled - those tabby colours will blend in very well to surroundings and she may be looking at you and not moving to start with, or hiding under a car close to you. Cats can move like ghosts, so check under cars close to where you're calling. If still nothing, try again. Look for any gaps between houses close to where she was lost - alleys, or gates leading through to back gardens. She will be looking for somewhere to hide, to protect and defend herself. If there are gates into gardens from the street it would be worth asking if you, your son or his girlfriend, can check their garden. A way to meet your new neighbours! Cats will hide from unknown people if they're scared - and they are very good at hiding.

Register her with http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - they will also be able (for a small fee) to produce posters and leaflets and even help with the search; calling on people - if they're going to search a garden and sheds, best one of you go with them, but they are very experienced at this sort of thing.

Thinking of you.
Ninzter
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Ninzter »

Just an update - she is still missing unfortunately.

My son has been searching at all hours of the day/night but hasn't found her. We have contacted all the local vets and shops and all the rescue centres so are still hopeful of finding her
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jacks »

Thank you for updating - sorry it isn't with better news. Keep trying - she has to be somewhere. Really hoping she makes it home. x
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Is this Sophia?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ninzter
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Ninzter »

KittyWitty wrote:Is this Sophia?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No :( the hair is too long but very very similar. Thank you so much for keeping an eye out though. So happy that so many people are trying to help. I had no idea there were so many kind people out there! x
Ninzter
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Ninzter »

I can't actually believe it but Sophia has been found a really nice guy found her and phoned the local vets which luckily I had emailed. 3 weeks wandering around on her own but she is now safe and warm

thank you for all your help

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Just saw this!!! So so so happy for you!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Wonderful!!
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: LOST CAT - MARCHMONT ROAD, EDINBURGH (Found)

Post by Jacks »

Oh how wonderful! Thrilled for you! welcome home little Sophia! Xxx