Missing Cat - Ozzy - Since 20th September 2014 - Dartford

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Ozzys Mum Debbie
New Cat Chatter

Missing Cat - Ozzy - Since 20th September 2014 - Dartford

Post by Ozzys Mum Debbie »

Our cat Ozzy has now been missing since the early hours of Saturday 20th September 2014.

Ozzy is a timid black and white shorthaired cat (with more white on one side than the other) with very unusual piercing blue/green eyes and was actually rescued from a Greek cemetery in Athens as a feral cat and sent over to us at Christmas time as a kitten of 4.5 months. He is now just over a year old and is neutered. He is not wearing a collar (he wouldn't let us put one on!!) but is microchipped

We are absolutely devastated that he has gone missing and are hoping that maybe someone may have handed him in to a rescue centre or veterinary surgery.

I would be very grateful if you could notify me if a cat of this description is handed into you.

Thank you
Attachments
Ozzy Cat 2.jpg
(37.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ozzy Cat 1.jpg
(69.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ozzy Contented.jpg
(92.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Ozzys Mum Debbie on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Missing Cat - Ozzy - Since 20th September 2014

Post by Crewella »

I hope you find him, but can you put your location in the post, and ideally in the title. Good luck - he's lovely.
Ozzys Mum Debbie
New Cat Chatter

Re: Missing Cat - Ozzy - Since 20th September 2014

Thank you, will do.... sorry this is my first time on the site so I wasn't too sure what to post.

Just keeping everything crossed that we find our little boy. He's been through so much in his short life and now this.

We just want him home :(
Ozzys Mum Debbie
New Cat Chatter

Re: Missing Cat - Ozzy - Since 20th September 2014 - Dartfor

After a week there is still no sign of Ozzy and we are absolutely desperate now. :cry:

We rescued our poor little baby from an Athens cemetery where he was found starving at the age of 4 months, so wanting to give him a wonderful new life in the UK with love, lots of food and comfort for the rest of his days.

For him to disappear now on us is heartbreaking. We have notified all the search and rescue charities, vets, the animal warden, put flyers through people's letterboxes and on all the surrounding lampposts.

There was a potential sighting of him 3 days ago outside the front of our home but the neighbour couldn't get close enough and Ozzy knows that the communal back door is always open and he usually would come and sit outside our front door where we have a sofa, food and water just waiting for him.

If anyone has any other tips on how to find him please do let me know as we are frantic with worry.

Thank you
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I'm sorry he's still missing.

You may have already seen this, but the Cat Chat advice on lost cats is very helpful, here:

http://www.catchat.org/lost.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The best time to go out calling for him is late at night or early in the morning, when everything is quiet. You stand more chance of hearing him if he answers, and he's likely to be less scared.

Best of luck, I really hope you find him.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Sadly, poor little Ozzy was found deceased.

Rest in peace beautiful Ozzy