Lost cat in Kidlington (Found)

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Lost cat in Kidlington (Found)

Post by Scooby »

Hi
Our 7 year old black and white medium to long haired male cat has gone missing . He was last seen last Monday evening in kidlington (a large village close to oxford). He is a large cat with a black tail with white tip like it's been dipped in paint, he also has a white belly and paws. He has a small white dot on his top lip. He is micro chipped but has no collar . We seem to of exhausted all other avenues of enquiry ( leaflets, posters, Facebook, local vets , council, neighbours etc) but to no avail. Please check your garages and sheds if you live in this area. We miss him so much and are desperate to have him home with us.

Thank you
Gemma
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Lost cat in kidlington

Post by Gemma »

Hello
Sorry to hear you are mising your boy, such an awful feeling. Sounds like you've covered many of the things for helping to find him, but have you checked out the 'lost and found cats advice' page on this forum - its got some brilliant suggestions and there might be a few more you haven't done yet?
Was he an indoor or an outdoor cat? Has he gone missing before?
From my own and others experience, look absolutely everywhere for him in his immediate teritory - every tiny space!!
Keeping fingers crossed for his safe return
x
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Hi Gemma

Thankyou so much for your response , I will definetly look at that section. He is not a house cat and hasn't really gone off much before . We will continue looking everywhere, we have been out again tonight talking to neighbours etc. I will continue again tomorrow morning. He was last seen last Monday , is that a long time for a cat to be away from home?
Gemma
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Gemma »

Hello

Yes have a look at that page, try all the tips listed!
If he was an indoor cat it would be a bit more worring if he'd gone missing outside, but being an outdoor cat he's used to being outside and will have a teritory of his own.
When Penny went missing I must admit I didn't really know where she wondered off too once she had dissappeared over the fence, and it was a bit of a surprise to see where she pottered around once I started talking to our neighbours and looking in the allotments and fields behind the houses!
I wronly presumed she had got shut into a neighbours shed with it being a sunny sunday when she went missing - i focused my search on asking neighbours. I then thought she had got lost in the back fields and spent hours searching the fields.
She had infact got injured / sick (dont know how) and then hid in a stupidly small space in the back garden! I was too late to find Penny before she died and will always feel gulity for that.

Something has disturbed your boy on his way home. There could be several different reasons for this. Keep an open mind and continue searching. He may of well of taken a liking to be fed somewhere else? Many possibilies.

I've read on here that cats can indeed come back / are found alive after longer than a week.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a safe return for you
x
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear your awful news, you can't blame yourself for that , you tried your best and at least penny is not in pain anymore.
Thankyou for that advice I will look close to home even though we have done that already a bit. We are trying to remain positive! I have also read about cats that have come back after a significant amount of time but as each day passes I do get more concerned I have to admit.

Thanks again, you have made me feel a bit better

X
Gemma
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Gemma »

Cats can be so independant and head strong, they have great instinct and strength of character! Especially male cats, they can have a bit more of a tenendency to go roaming. Yes stay positive :)
I read on our local 'lost and found pets ' facebook group recently that a girls beautiful cat had been missing a few weeks - she was found on the other side of town! Let all the local vets know, if anyone brings in a cat matching your description they will ring you. Maybe put out an ad on local radio?
I read a good tip about putting out items from your home - worn clothing, bedding, cat bedding biscuits etc - the familiar smells can help draw them home.
Like you say there are many stories of cats returning home after quite lengthy periods away.
But just after what happened to us, and some others on here, can't recommend enough going through your garden (front and back) and maybe a few neighbours with a fine tooth comb!

xx
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Thankyou so much for your positive comments, I will have a good search tomorrow close by and further away too.
Funny you should mention the clothes thing , only tonight I put some of his used cat litter in the garden with biscuits and water and some of my worn clothes. Every little thing helps I guess,

Thanks again
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Searched again today, both close to my home and further away with no sightings. It's been almost a week now and it's starting to really get me down . Can anyone offer me some positive messages of hope please.
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

I'm so sorry your little cat is missing still.. My cat went missing for 11 days and turned up on my doorstep just as I thought he was lost forever. Cats don't usually go far , normally in the same block that you live in. My cat had been locked in somewhere, he'd lost lots of weight but came home unscathed. This was in the worse weather imaginable thick snow , how he managed to survive I'll never know! They are resilient , not sure if you have tried going out late at night when it's quiet and call him, shake some of his treats. Stop and listen to see if you can hear him. Knock on the neighbours again and ask them to recheck sheds. If they're not in leave a leaflet asking them to check.
Have you put him on animal lost sites apart from this one ?
Animalsearchuk.co.uk
Also if you are on Facebook there are missing pet pages on there
Our Furbabies lost and found uk
Please try not to feel despondent it's early days still
Xxxx
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Hi
Thankyou for the lovely reply, you have given me some hope. Yes he is on Facebook and on various missing pet websites . We have posted many leaflets and put up posters . Last night I knocked on the neighbours doors to make sure they did check their garages and sheds.

I'm so pleased that yours came back to you after 11 days, that has given me something to cling onto. We do go out at night and call him but I feel is it a pointless exercise after all this time but I cannot give up him and I won't give up.

Thanks again
X
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Searched again most of the day and posted leaflets but nothing positive today . I got a bit upset today I asked someone if they had seen my black and white cat and showed him a picture, he said I've got some bad news for you. He said someone knocked on his door last week and said a car had hit a cat and it ran in his garden. He found it and it had sadly died. He took me to it expecting it to be my baby and it wasn't. I was relieved but I said to him that is someone's cat and they will be missing it terribly. I said it could be micro chipped but he did not understand the concept of the microchip!!!, so I called the vet and got them to come down to recover it. I was going to take it to them myself but I wasn't in a position to.

The vet kindly scanned it and she knew who it belonged to so at least the owner can have some closure. If I hadn't of called the vet the owner would never of known what happened to her gorgeous cat.

All in all not my best day.
X
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

How horrible for you! At least you did the right thing for that poor cat and it's owner . I so hope your little cat comes home soon it's so upsetting not knowing . Keep us posted xxxx
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Hi
Nothing really positive to report today, apart from some false sightings. Not alot else we can do now apart from wait and hope. We will still go out and call him, we can't give up on him. Please send us luck guys, we miss him so much!

Thankyou x
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Still missing!
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

So sorry he's not been found yet, no news is hopefully good news . Don't give up hope xxxx
notjustacat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by notjustacat »

My cat Cheyenne went missing a couple of weeks ago and turned up 7 days later. I live in Bicester. While I was looking for mine I got a report of a similar black cat to mine found a couple of streets away. That cat which was chipped had gone missing from Weston on the Green. I put mine on Bicester lost and Found on Facebook. Also check with the local vets and the council. What's your cats name? Is it friendly?. Any further info would be helpful. I do hope he/she turns up soon. I know exactly how u feel.
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Hi
We have been looking at other areas not just kidlington. He is friendly but not a cuddly lap cat. His name is ozzy and he responds to short sharp whistles too. He is everywhere at the moment , Facebook , pet log, animal finders, cats aware, etc . We have contacted the council and the vets but nothing so far.

You have given us a bit more hope, we will not give up on him. Please spread the word as much as you can.

Thankyou so much

X
notjustacat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by notjustacat »

Scooby which end of Kidlington did Ozzy go missing from?. Saw the Facebook photo. All paws crossed.
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Hi

He went missing 2weeks ago from the old part of kidlington area. Do you know the bottom of high street area by the baptist church, specifically Foxdown close .

X
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Hi
There's still no sign of ozzy , it's been 2 weeks now. We have done everything possible we can think of, posters, flyers through doors , knocked on neighbours doors , contacted vets in the area , the micro chip company are aware. We also had our local radio station put out a message on twitter, we had an advert in the local paper yesterday and again at the end of the week (oxford mail, oxford times). He's also on Facebook all over the country and pet finders etc

We are starting to get really worried now, it's getting harder to go out and search for him but we continue to do so. Can anyone offer some kind words of hope please. I am trying to be positive but also realistic but it's the not knowing that killing us.

Thankyou
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

I'm so sorry that your lovely cat is still not back. I know how distressing is not knowing , you always think the worse. There isn't really anything anyone can say that will make you feel better just hope and pray that you have some good news soon. I know when my cat was missing I felt like I was living in limbo, as you say it's not knowing that hurts so much. I keep hoping hat you will be putting found on here every time I see that another message has been posted by Scooby.
Keep hoping and praying
Very best wishes
Rosemary
Xxx
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

He's back , after 16 days we can't believe it, I found him tonight about 1.5miles away outside on a housing estate after some information was given to us . I'm so glad we didn't give up, and if anyone out there is in the same position we were, please don't give up hope.

Thankyou to everyone who supported us with your kind words

X
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Omg I just saw this and my heart melted! How wonderful I'm so happy for you x
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Thankyou so much it's unbelievable we are so happy, we will have the best nights sleep we've had in the past 2 weeks tonight .

X
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Awww x
notjustacat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by notjustacat »

Superb news. Hugs to Ozzy and you.
honeychild
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Lost cat in Kidlington (Found)

Post by honeychild »

Been following this thread....Hoped every time i Logged on that your puss would be found.. your worry was palpable.Hugs and kisses to you both x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

That's wonderful news - well done for persevering! :D
Scooby
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Scooby »

Thankyou all for your kind messages, we've just had him checked out at the vets and apart from some weight loss he seems to be fine .

I just want to say again please!please!please!do not ever give up in finding your cat if it's missing. No matter how long it's been , if you have had no bad news then there is always hope. It is an awful time for anyone who has a missing cat, we know that , but please don't give up on yours.

X