lost cat high urpeth, beamish, north east

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
tdavidson
Returning Cat Chatter

lost cat high urpeth, beamish, north east

Post by tdavidson »

please contact andrew on 07966 324365 if you have found a one year old male cat. lost from 2 november 2014, white with black splodges including one on his nose. he has a black tail with white tip. neutered and chipped. please call, thank you.
tdavidson
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: lost cat high urpeth, beamish, north east

Post by tdavidson »

Hi, we are still looking now after 4 days and heartened by other messages where cats have been found / come home after much longer. we have put up posters and reported to local vets and have spoken to neighbours and posted flyers locally. we have had some very kind calls offering sightings which we have followed up but no luck yet although out searching as much as we can. Please do let us know if anyone can offer any more advice.
tdavidson
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by tdavidson »

hi all
we have had a few possible sightings now near Kip Hill, near Stanley on or near the Coast to Coast cycle path. one spot was Monday, one Tuesday and the latest was Wednesday. we have been this morning to look but no luck as yet. This is quite a few miles from us but hopeful this means he is still around. He loves hunting so could be feeding himself.
Just trying to stay hopeful but very hard.
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

I'm so sorry your little cat is missing still.. My cat went missing for 11 days and turned up on my doorstep just as I thought he was lost forever. Cats don't usually go far , normally in the same block that you live in. My cat had been locked in somewhere, he'd lost lots of weight but came home unscathed. This was in the worse weather imaginable thick snow , how he managed to survive I'll never know! They are resilient , not sure if you have tried going out late at night when it's quiet and call him, shake some of his treats. Stop and listen to see if you can hear him. Knock on the neighbours again and ask them to recheck sheds. If they're not in leave a leaflet asking them to check.
Have you put him on animal lost sites apart from this one ?
Animalsearchuk.co.uk
Also if you are on Facebook there are missing pet pages on there
Our Furbabies lost and found uk
Please try not to feel despondent it's early days still
Xxxx
tdavidson
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by tdavidson »

hi there and thank you so much for your words of encouragement. More searching done at the weekend and more posters put up but no further calls.
thank you for the tips on other sites - I will do those today as feels a little like a needle in a haystack at the moment. we do go out at night but we live in a quite rural area - been rounds the fields close by and further afield and into the nearby housing areas with treats but nothing else so far. thanks again.
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Any news? I hope it's good news and he's home x
tdavidson
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by tdavidson »

No news at all now for ages - no sightings at all. If anyone has any ideas what to do now after 4 weeks would be very welcome....
Someone did tell me that people do take cats to use to bait their dogs not too far from us...I can only truly hope that has not happened to our lovely cat.