Missing Cat - Fair Oak, Eastleigh, Hampshire

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Missing Cat - Fair Oak, Eastleigh, Hampshire

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Please please keep an eye out for my little boy called Sidney. He is 21/2 years old and black with white front toes, white back feet, white chin and bib and a white tip on his tail. He has a silver reflective collar (at least he did when he left home) and is micro chipped and neutered. He and his brother are always kept in at night and my husband let them both out yesterday morning (4th Nov) at around 8.30 and we have not seen him since. Have been out looking for him and also dropped notes through all the houses on our estate in case he has been locked in somewhere.

We are devastated and his brother is lost without him.

Any help from anyone would be hugely appreciated.
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Missing Cat - Fair Oak, Eastleigh, Hampshire

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Put him on animalsearchuk.co.uk
Have you asked people to check sheds/garages?
Ask insurance if you have it to pay f or posters leaflets etc. animal search will organise for you. Go out late at night to call him, shake his treats, leave smelly fish out, empty litter tray contents on garden also contents of your Hoover to entice him home ! Hope you find him soon x
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Thanks for your reply.

Yes have put notes through every door on my estate asking for people to check sheds/garages etc.

Have also put some of the litter tray including a "present" from his brother out on the lawn in the hope he will pick up the scent.

He has never been one to stray and prefers the warmth of the sofa on these cold nights. I am truly heartbroken and even more distressed that it is bonfire night too.
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

I think it's better to knock at doors if you're able x people often don't even look at leaflets , you may have already knocked and spoken just a thought x fingers crossed x
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Hi All - its been a week and Sidney is still missing. We have done everything we can think of - emptied litter tray on garden, laminated posters, fliers through doors, phoned vets, council and rescue centres. He appears to have just gone out one morning and vanished. We are so devastated as we know he liked nothing more than a cuddle on the sofa.

Please please keep an eye out for him - he could turn absolutely anywhere especially if he has jumped in a vehicle.
notjustacat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by notjustacat »

I know you won't, but please don't give up hope. Recently several furrie's that went missing and were reported as such in this forum have turned up, mine included. One after 16 days. Paws crossed here for you.
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Definitely not giving up, been out in the rain again tonight searching the area. Seeing other peoples happy endings gives me hope that my boy will turn up.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry he's still lost, it's horrible, but you're right not to give up on him.

After a while it's often a good idea to make up a new poster saying 'still missing' so that peoeple are aware that it's still a current issue. People stop looking at familiar posters after a while, and you need to let people know that they should still keep an eye out for him. It's a good idea to go out calling late at night or very early morning, when it's quiet too - you stand more chance of hearing each other, and he's more likely to respond when there's less going on around him.

Good luck, I really hope he turns up.
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Thank you for your good wishes. I am going to do a new leaflet drop through doors to remind neighbours that he is still missing and will bear in mind you advice regarding posters.

Please just everyone keep an eye out for him if you are from my area.

Many Thanks
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

try a poster in your front window where refuse collectors, posties, couriers etc will see it
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Well sad to say my lovely boy Sidney is still missing :(

It will be 3 weeks on Tuesday coming (25th) and we are really worried sick. I can't concentrate or think straight as all I keep doing is going over and over in my head where he could be or what might have happened.

Please please if you live in this are keep an eye out for him - even if the worse has happened to him I would still want to know. We are not giving up hope that he has got a nice little B&B some where else or been locked in but obviously the longer it goes on the more worried we are.

Thank you everyone.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

as he is microchipped, it could be that he will only turn up if he is taken to a vet or rescue, who will scan him, and that of course could mean waiting a fair bit

but in having him chipped you have done the one thing most likely to find him again, and I do so hope you will, however long it takes
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Any news? I hope it's good if you have x
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Thank you for asking ...

Sadly still no news, we have tried everything we can think of. Now all we can do is hope and pray that he will just appear .... Would be the best Xmas present ever ....
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: STILL MISSING - Fair Oak, Eastleigh, Hampshire

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Thought I would add a picture to this thread now that I have worked out how to!

We are still desperately sad that we have had no news or leads yet on Sidney - I beg everyone out there if you find a stray cat please please take it to be scanned to check if it is micro chipped.

Its lovely that people will be kind enough to feed lost cats but the kindest thing anyone can do is to reunite them with their family.

Still desperately hoping for some news and a Xmas miracle ...
Attachments
Sidney pic.jpg
Sidney pic.jpg (16.49 KiB) Viewed 4799 times
Mrs Monkey
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Mrs Monkey »

Well despite all my prayers my cat Sidney did not come home for Xmas. I was convinced he would come home Xmas day to the point that I just got really tearful when he never turned up. I then decided he would be home New Years but so far no luck :cry:

Please everyone still keep an eye out for him. The not knowing is driving me mad - I just cannot get my head around the fact that he went out the door on the morning of 4th Nov and just vanished ...

It's so heartbreaking ....