My Beautiful Boy Barney Missing from Newmillerdam Wakefield

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
zobo71
Returning Cat Chatter

My Beautiful Boy Barney Missing from Newmillerdam Wakefield

Post by zobo71 »

Barney is a beautiful, 15 month old, brown black tabby with a white tummy and chin. He is a slim boy with a very long tail. He was last seen in our garden on the evening of Thursday 6th August but hasn't been seen since. It is so unlike him not to come home as he is a real mummy's boy and loves his cuddles and his food. He is neutered and micro-chipped. Please contact me if you have any information as we are utterly lost without him.
Thankyou, Zoe x (07944 272849)
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: My Beautiful Boy Barney Missing from Newmillerdam Wakefi

Post by nannymcfee »

found cat.jpg
(125.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Does he look like this at all,
zobo71
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by zobo71 »

nannymcfee wrote:
found cat.jpg
Does he look like this at all,
Very similar! I don't think it is him as this cat looks a little older than Barney. Do you have any more photos? I have tried to add photos on here but I am unable to but I have posted pics of him here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wakefiel ... 01?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Hello i see you have added Barney to the Wakefield lost and found ones on facebook, have you asked postie if they know of any close neighbours on Holiday? or even ask a window cleaner to keep a look out,and local vets.

I sometimes pass through Notton way so will keep a look out ( we go rural way) , i hope he comes home soon .

Have you tried calling near by late evening or even early morning when its quiet, only if safe for you to do, if he is trapped in a shed/garage, you voice and his will carry better.
zobo71
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by zobo71 »

Thank you. I'll speak to the postman tomorrow. That's one thing I hadn't thought of. I've just printed off new posters to inform neighbours he's still missing and asking them to keep checking sheds etc. fingers crossed!
zobo71
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by zobo71 »

I received a text earlier regarding a possible sighting of Barney on Almhouse Lane, newmillerdam. When we went down there we couldn't see him but I'm going to flyer all houses near there tomorrow. Please let it be him!
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Oh i hope so, i wonder if someone had been on holiday for 2 weeks and just recently come home, could you go when its quiet, with dreamies/shake food , cat box, and something that smells of his home,
Good luck , come on Barney ! !
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Just been looking on line for any for sale houses with cat flaps, there is one that is unoccupied on Ashton Court, thats not far from Almshouse Lane,and has a catflap.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

So sorry Barney is missing. I used to live near there myself and don't live that far away now, hopefully he will be home very soon. Meanwhile have you read CC's Lost cat info? there may be some things you've not already tried: http://www.catchat.org/lost.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zobo71
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by zobo71 »

No luck sadly :(