Lost Cat on 30/04/14 - No idea what to do next

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
jaffacake89
New Cat Chatter

Lost Cat on 30/04/14 - No idea what to do next

Post by jaffacake89 »

Hey a little info about the situation:

My "Always" indoors Cat - 8-9 Months old (I was never told her birthday when i received her so had to guess based on what info i had) - has managed to escape from my 2nd floor home :(. She managed to jump out of one of the windows by pushing it open, I feel terrible for not closing it properly and causing this mess. She got out the window at around 6am GMT on the 29th of April 2014 and has yet to come home. I think i spotted her at around 2am on the 30th nearby but haven't seen her since. So far i have been out every day since for about 30-60 minutes in the morning (2-5am) and again later on throughout the day and at night when it is quiet with no success, She isnt responding to my calls and food has been left outside with again, no success. I am particularly worried as she has yet to be spayed, no excuse for it i have just never found the time, Wish i had now and will be doing it asap when she is hopefully returned. I called up my local cat protection and they had someone bring a Humane cat trap down (The ones with the panels at the back that they stand on and it closes the door behind them) which i have had out all day today with some dry food + sardines in it, Again no luck so far. (A note was left on top of the cage in case anyone found it with contact details and a small summary of why it was there so nobody thought i was trapping/stealing other animals.)

I plan on going out tomorrow and putting up some missing posters and maybe going round some houses and asking people to check sheds/garages.

I cant stop worrying about her but i really don't know what to do, Please Help.

This is in the Central Scotland area (Alloa) But im not sure this forum is for this area. Was the only forum i could find.
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Lost Cat on 30/04/14 - No idea what to do next

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Missing Cat Tips

It can be a very distressing time if your cat goes missing, but if you follow the advice here, it could help you to find them. Even if your cat is a "wanderer" it is often best to act quickly.

Email us the details of your missing pet, together with a photograph if you have one.
Tell people, including neighbours and also the postman/milkman and anyone else who covers your local area.
Phone Balmore (SSPCA) in case your cat has been found and taken there. Their number is 01847 861386.
Phone your local vet (Thurso 01847 892387 / Wick 01955 602088) as there may be a chance your cat has been in an accident.
Display posters with simple large writing and brief description and/or photo on lamp posts, in shops, libraries, notice boards. Deliver smaller leaflets to an area of houses at the front, back and sides of your own as cats can wander over several gardens and streets.
The Caithness.Org website has a "Pets Corner" section on its messageboard. Post a message there as a lot of people will see it.
If they use a litter tray and you still have some used litter, put this in the garden. If your cat has wandered out of where he normally goes, the strong smell of his home and himself can help him find his way home.
If you do not have a litter tray, place the contents for your vacuum cleaner onto the lawn and near the house, as this will also strongly smell of home and their owners.
Look in cupboards, sheds, garages, cars, cellars and those of your neighbours. Cats can sometimes hide when frightened, injured or confused by confinement and may not immediately come forward when you call them. You will need to look in the dark corners of garages in and under boxes and large objects. Call them very late at night when everywhere is quiet and you have a better chance of hearing them respond if they are trapped. Check along garden hedges, shrubs and fences of gardens in the daytime in case your cat has been injured and is unable to move from its hiding place.
Good luck!