Missing Black Kitten - Hampshire

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Missing Black Kitten - Hampshire

Post by lnxjenn »

My kitten has been missing for about 15 hours now. His name is Pugsley; he's all black. He is about 8 1/2 months old. He's usually a very friendly cat, and not too shy of strangers. He's a bit weary of cars. We live in Durley, Hampshire. I have reported him to my Vet and to CatAware as missing. He is not really a wanderer. We do live out in the country and along a busy road. I did go up and down the road with my husband looking for him last night, and I did a sweep of our property this morning before leaving for work. He missed dinner last night, and missed breakfast this morning. As far as I know he has not been in since i've been at work. I am planning on talking to my neighbours when I get home this evening and do another sweep looking for him. It's tough to look for a black cat in the dark!

I am missing him :(
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Missing Black Kitten - Hampshire

Post by Crewella »

It is hard in the dark, but you stand much more chance of hearing each other very late or very early, when it's quiet. The torchlight can sometimes reflect in their eyes brightly too - I've found a lost black cat in the dark that way before! Good luck.
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lnxjenn »

I have been out the last two nights and both this morning and yesterday morning, around their usual breakfast time. So, his sister is showing up but not him. She's not acting any different, so I'm hoping that is at least giving me some hope that He's still alive at least. I think he has now surpassed the record of "missing" time in the house hold. So I hope he shows up soon.

I have been down the road visiting neighbours to look out for him. Showed his picture and gave my mobile number. One lady even let us check her garage! He does like exploring and boxes... But he usually didn't wander too far from the property. He was more interested in the "new" box he could now climb in or climbing one of our trees. I have made a poster. I will try to put some up this evening.
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lnxjenn »

I have put up posters and the Parish council have posted it on their social sites. I hope we can find him soon!
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lnxjenn »

Pugsley has been missing a whole month now! :( I just got another lead. A lady next village over (it's not that far!) has said she's found a black kitten in her garden. I'm hoping to send my hubby over in a little while since he's still off from work. I hope we've found him!!
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lnxjenn »

Not Pugsley! :( He had green eyes and a white bit on his neck. Pugs is all black with yellow eyes. They are going to take him to the vet to get scanned.
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lnxjenn »

Pugsley has been found! :D I'm soooooo happy! A lady called me this afternoon at work saying this little black cat has been hanging around their house. She had called the vet and they said someone had reported a black kitten missing. So I went by after work and checked. and YEP! it was him :D

He seems fine. a little thin. But the people said they had been feeding him.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Congratulations! You must be so pleased.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Oh that's wonderful - I'm so pleased for you! And thanks for letting us know! :D
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lnxjenn »

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow if you like! He has been cuddling on me all evening!! His sister isn't too happy he's home. We'll have to reintroduce them.

I am so very happy and thankful he's home!! I have missed him so!
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lnxjenn »

I had a thought, should I offer them a reward or a small amount to pay them back for feeding him?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

It is, of course, entirely up to you, but a token gesture is a nice thought. :)
lnxjenn
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lnxjenn »

SOoooo Happy to have him home!! :D
Picture of me with Pugsley!
Picture of me with Pugsley!
PugsleyHome-1Feb2016-300.png (154.45 KiB) Viewed 3387 times