DC missing since 27th Sept.2015 SE9 3LN

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
21daddycat
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

DC missing since 27th Sept.2015 SE9 3LN

Post by 21daddycat »

Still searching for DC. He is a Van Cat looks similar to BSH mostly white and tabby cat, slightly smaller head. Brought with us last year from Turkey. Intelligent, timid to strangers. He is chipped and neutered. DC is aged over ten years now and we have had him since a kitten. He has three tabby stripes to his right front leg. Thin black line to outside left nostril. Old injury to claw on back right paw. One black outlined eye, one pink outline. He settled in well and disappeared from the garden four months after arrival. We miss him very much, he is loved dearly and desperately, desperately, want him home. Has anyone seen him please please let us know 07976053341
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.49 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
GillianH
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: DC missing since 27th Sept.2015 SE9 3LN

Post by GillianH »

Sorry to hear your cat is still missing.

Have you contacted local vets and asked if they have any news, contacted local cat rescues, put flyers up in the local area and ask neighbours and in local shops? All worth a try.

I lost one of my cats some time ago and put flyers up. Got a call from an elderly lady who thought she was a stray (even though she looked far from a stray) and who had taken her in!

Hope you have some positive news soon.
21daddycat
New Cat Chatter

Post by 21daddycat »

Thank you so much for your interest and kind advice Gillian. Yes we did all those things prompted by Cats Pro, Animal Search, RSPCA and Battersea etc., when he first went missing and have been replacing fliers periodically to keep them fresh. People for some unknown reason remove them?! Very upsetting. Probably children! I also searched the streets late night and early mornings armed with biscuits and calling him but to no avail. We contacted our local vets at the time and they said they would circulate his photo for us. I understand there are a lot out there not on Facebook, Twitter or indeed Catchat, which I just found out about and are probably unaware of any situation like this. I am hoping that is the case and he is not outside suffering this awful cold weather. Not so bad for us but him being a Turkish cat and used to fairly warm winters in comparison, is worrying. He can be so timid. I worry too that he may have been ill and because of the turmoil surrounding our move, I missed it. Driving myself mad basically but trying to keep it together. He was my little soul mate and I miss him so much. Forgive my rant and thank you once again for your message it is very much appreciated. Kind regards, Sandie.
GillianH
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by GillianH »

No need to apologise for your rant - I didn't see it as that, not at all and can only imagine how distressed you feel.

I would be inclined to put more flyers up and ask at your local food shop if you could put one up in there as it could be that someone took him in and has not seen your flyers. Very annoying if they are taken down -kids as you say. I know when I put them up when my girl went missing I had a couple of calls from kids mucking about saying they had seen her which was both annoying and upsetting.

Don't give up :)
21daddycat
New Cat Chatter

Post by 21daddycat »

Thanks again for your advice and encouragement.
Sandie