2 Year old Russian Blue (cross) male missing from near Uckfield, TN22

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
edwardjcp
New Cat Chatter

2 Year old Russian Blue (cross) male missing from near Uckfield, TN22

Post by edwardjcp »

Male, neutered, 2 years old, Grey, Chipped

Missing since 14/15th July 2016. He's an outdoor / indoor cat free to roam as he pleases. He went missing while we were away during the week and was having daily visits from his grand-dad to feed him, Thursday the 14th was the last time he was seen. He spends a lot of time in fields and woodland hunting, but is very sociable & friendly also so may well come close to and into outbuildings and/or homes to have a nose around & a roll in any saw dust he finds - please please check any outbuildings or seldom used cars, vans or caravans you have even if you know for sure he can't be in them.

Tufts on tip of ears, white spec high on chest, and a white spot on tummy. Slim build. Primarily Green eyes with a hint of yellow. Often shakes his lower back / base of tail as if spraying when rubbing on things / waiting to be stroked (but doesn't spray). Very sweet little meow. Very adventurous nosy ninja and likes to sneak into usually closed spaces so please check outbuildings even if you know for sure he's not there.
Attachments
rupert.jpg
rupert.jpg (63.84 KiB) Viewed 3323 times
Last edited by edwardjcp on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: 2 Year old Russian Blue male missing from near Uckfield, TN22

Post by Kay »

I do hope you find him

I hope I won't offend you if I point out a pure bred Russian Blue will never have any white markings, and to give the wrong impression may tempt some unscrupulous person to hang on to him as a pure bred Russian can change hands for several hundred pounds
edwardjcp
New Cat Chatter

Re: 2 Year old Russian Blue (cross) male missing from near Uckfield, TN22

Post by edwardjcp »

Thanks, he is a cross and has no pedigree as you rightly point out. Agree it's a double edged sword but the most effective classification for identification would be as described.
GillianH
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by GillianH »

He is very stunning. I hope you find him soon.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi, this was posted today -

http://www.catchat.org/felineforum/view ... 479#p36479

With it being Sussex I thought I'd post on the offchance - do hope you find him soon, all the best :)

Edit - Sorry, I didn't pick up on your boy being chipped and the found RB isn't - but chips can move/become inactive so I won't delete this just in case, but sorry if your hopes have been raised unnecessarily.
edwardjcp
New Cat Chatter

Post by edwardjcp »

Thanks for the post & link Lilith.

The lady who originally found that cat had contacted me already before she posted him online, but sadly it's not our boy.

All possible leads are appreciated, dead end or no, so thanks so much for looping me in!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

You're welcome - only wish I could have helped. Do hope you find your boy soon, all paws here still crossed!!