My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Post Reply
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 am

bobbys girl wrote:That's really good news! Thanks for updating us. Now you'll just hav to keep him in and quite until he has healed completely! Good luck with that one! :lol:
Thank you...I'm very happy. Cannot believe it's going to be ok.

He won't be going out for a couple of months more at least but he walked into the living room this morning, following me, which is good but he's asleep on me now. But I don't want to stop him not that I can really lol :lol:

User avatar
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:00 pm
No. of cats in household: 1
Location: West Yorks

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Lilith » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 am

So glad to hear how he's improving and I do hope the bone proves to be no problem and that he keeps the leg - and he's already standing - walking - on his own four paws! What a brave lad he's been, and devoted nursing by you will have contributed, congrats the pair of you, big fusses to Sami x

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:13 am

Lilith wrote:So glad to hear how he's improving and I do hope the bone proves to be no problem and that he keeps the leg - and he's already standing - walking - on his own four paws! What a brave lad he's been, and devoted nursing by you will have contributed, congrats the pair of you, big fusses to Sami x
Thank yo very much ... Me too, I really hope he keeps the leg now. He's doing so well, he has been very brave :) I helped?! Yay! I'll do anything for him, I'll pass your fusses on to him :)

X

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:12 am

Sami got on well at the vets yesterday; he had his stitches out and glen is happy with how he's doing...although there is a slight concern if he's got an infection, because it could get into the plates but the surgeon doesn't want to take them out for a few months...until the leg has healed properly.

User avatar
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm
No. of cats in household: 5
Location: Co. Fermanagh

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by bobbys girl » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:17 am

Nice to hear he is doing well, though the hint of infection is worrying. Hopefully a course of AB's will sort that out.

I was SO relieved last week when the vet said there was no sign of infection. Hehas to go back today and his bandage is in tatters. I'm going to get told off!

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:05 pm

bobbys girl wrote:Nice to hear he is doing well, though the hint of infection is worrying. Hopefully a course of AB's will sort that out.

I was SO relieved last week when the vet said there was no sign of infection. Hehas to go back today and his bandage is in tatters. I'm going to get told off!

Thank you. I'll let you know

I understand that. Lol wouldn't worry I'm sure they've seen it before x

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:26 pm

bobbys girl wrote:Nice to hear he is doing well, though the hint of infection is worrying. Hopefully a course of AB's will sort that out.

I was SO relieved last week when the vet said there was no sign of infection. Hehas to go back today and his bandage is in tatters. I'm going to get told off!
Did you get told off?!

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:05 am

My mum is taking Sami to see the surgeon this morning, because the little wound (under the stitched up bit on his left leg) is still a bit bloody and not dried up completely...I hope Sami doesn't have an infection.

User avatar
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm
No. of cats in household: 5
Location: Co. Fermanagh

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by bobbys girl » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:54 am

I hope everything goes well. Has he been pulling at the stitches? We kept Bobby's wound covered with a light bandage to stop him picking at it - we knew a collar would be a no no! It seems to have done the job.

Please let us know how he goes on.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:34 pm

bobbys girl wrote:I hope everything goes well. Has he been pulling at the stitches? We kept Bobby's wound covered with a light bandage to stop him picking at it - we knew a collar would be a no no! It seems to have done the job.

Please let us know how he goes on.
The stitches are out already, last week, but there's a little wound on his ankle that is weaping a bit...the bone is infected, it was out for three weeks, in a a few months maybe the surgeon will take the plate out and just hope the leg is strong enough to cope or he will have to have the leg off...it's like 50/50 ,.. The surgeon wants the wound exposed to air to dry, so it's still going to be a hard few months :(

Glad Bobby is ok (I hope you are too) x

User avatar
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm
No. of cats in household: 5
Location: Co. Fermanagh

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by bobbys girl » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 pm

I'll be thinking about you. I know how hard it is to keep a cat quiet once they are feeling better. Bob is boinging around all over the place, when he should be resting his damaged and stitched tendon. I keep telling him, but I'm just talking to myself. :lol:

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:41 am

bobbys girl wrote:I'll be thinking about you. I know how hard it is to keep a cat quiet once they are feeling better. Bob is boinging around all over the place, when he should be resting his damaged and stitched tendon. I keep telling him, but I'm just talking to myself. :lol:

Thank you. Tell me about it! I know the feeling I keep saying don't lick your bad leg but Sami tries! Glad bobby is doing well. I have to just hope and pray Sami keeps his leg. X

User avatar
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:00 pm
No. of cats in household: 1
Location: West Yorks

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Lilith » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Sorry to hear the poor lad's had a setback - everything crossed here for him x

Best wishes to Bob, too, Bobbys girl :)

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Lilith wrote:Sorry to hear the poor lad's had a setback - everything crossed here for him x

Best wishes to Bob, too, Bobbys girl :)

Thank you. It's like 70/30

User avatar
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm
No. of cats in household: 5
Location: Co. Fermanagh

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by bobbys girl » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:38 pm

How has he been today?

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Not good

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:55 pm

He will loose the leg I think

User avatar
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm
No. of cats in household: 5
Location: Co. Fermanagh

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by bobbys girl » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Try to remain positive, I know it's easy to say. Are you taking him back to the vets?

When Bob had his leg off, we were very worried about infection in the wound. He had to have the dressings changed often and was on massive amounts of AB's. It took ages to finally heal and I thought the last little bit of weepy skin would never close - but it did.

I'm keeping everything crossed for him, but if it comes to it I can assure you cats can manage remarkably well on three legs. It's just a shame after all he's been through.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:25 am

bobbys girl wrote:Try to remain positive, I know it's easy to say. Are you taking him back to the vets?

When Bob had his leg off, we were very worried about infection in the wound. He had to have the dressings changed often and was on massive amounts of AB's. It took ages to finally heal and I thought the last little bit of weepy skin would never close - but it did.

I'm keeping everything crossed for him, but if it comes to it I can assure you cats can manage remarkably well on three legs. It's just a shame after all he's been through.
He is due back on the 9th Feb. So we will see. But we can see the screws again.

There's still hope we will see what the vet says.

Thank you for Sami in mind.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 am

bobbys girl wrote:Try to remain positive, I know it's easy to say. Are you taking him back to the vets?

When Bob had his leg off, we were very worried about infection in the wound. He had to have the dressings changed often and was on massive amounts of AB's. It took ages to finally heal and I thought the last little bit of weepy skin would never close - but it did.

I'm keeping everything crossed for him, but if it comes to it I can assure you cats can manage remarkably well on three legs. It's just a shame after all he's been through.

Sounds nasty. Glad he's doing well. I'm sure. I'll have to see. I just want him to be happy and healthy x

User avatar
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:00 pm
No. of cats in household: 1
Location: West Yorks

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Lilith » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:34 am

Oh poor lad - yes, my first thought was the same as Bobbys girl's - after all he's been through.

One of my lot once had a horribly septic wound (op incision) and I was recommended to use hypercal tincture (not the ointment) in solution for bathing. My vet was quite amazed by the good results.

Everything crossed here for Sami x

User avatar
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm
No. of cats in household: 5
Location: Co. Fermanagh

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by bobbys girl » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:56 am

If you can see the screws, I wouldn't wait until the 9th.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Lilith wrote:Oh poor lad - yes, my first thought was the same as Bobbys girl's - after all he's been through.

One of my lot once had a horribly septic wound (op incision) and I was recommended to use hypercal tincture (not the ointment) in solution for bathing. My vet was quite amazed by the good results.

Everything crossed here for Sami x
Thank you. Really? That's interesting we will see what our vet says x

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:15 pm

bobbys girl wrote:If you can see the screws, I wouldn't wait until the 9th.
I was told it might open again but that was nearly two weeks ago. I'll talk to my mum and see if she wants to take him this week. I'm very worried but he's a tough little nut xx

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:39 pm

Mum rang the vet for me; he's not happy to hear it's opened so much and we can see three screws...back to the vet Thursday morning :-( but I will have to make a decision soonish I think :-(

User avatar
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm
No. of cats in household: 5
Location: Co. Fermanagh

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by bobbys girl » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:03 pm

Thinking of you and sending all good vibes your way. Praying too that the vet makes the right decision for him.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:59 am

bobbys girl wrote:Thinking of you and sending all good vibes your way. Praying too that the vet makes the right decision for him.
Thank you...he doesn't want to take the plates out too soon, because the bone might not be doing well, but doesn't want to leave it in with the infection for too long. I might go with my folks then go to work, it's a tough little while...I just want the best for Sami because I don't want to keep putting him under for a long time, but I'm worried about him loosing his pretty leg! I'll let you know what the vet says tomorrow.

X

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:18 pm

The surgeon wasn't overly concerned the wound has opened at the bottom (showing two screws now) saying the infection could ooze out rather than staying inside and possibly effecting the plates...and that Sami can walk and play...he's now on three types of antibiotics a day, and that he is still positive the leg can be saved but it's up to me how long we carry on...we will keep trying everything, as Sami is coping with the cone on mostly...he will still be having fortnightly appointments, with another scan in three months...so it's more positive than yesterday, but mum and I are concerned still how much we can see these screws..but I think it's ok at the moment, I think Sami can cope a while longer...but he may still loose the leg in the future..

User avatar
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 3627
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 6
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Crewella » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:28 pm

I've not been around so am only just catching up with this. I'm sorry there have been complications, but I guess all you can do is trust your vet and hope that it does come right for him. All paws here still crossed for him. xx

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Crewella wrote:I've not been around so am only just catching up with this. I'm sorry there have been complications, but I guess all you can do is trust your vet and hope that it does come right for him. All paws here still crossed for him. xx
No need to apologise thank you for getting in touch. He will have a scan in may and then th vet might just take the plates out and hope the bone is strong enough to survive. I'm hopeful but it's still a long way it feels until I get a clear answer. But Sami is doing well xx hope all is well with you.

Post Reply