My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Crewella » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:43 pm

All good, thank you. Give your lovely brave boy a fuss from me. :)

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Samis Mummy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Crewella wrote:All good, thank you. Give your lovely brave boy a fuss from me. :)
Glad to hear it...will do...thank you from me and Sami X

Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Mayday21 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:30 am

Just catching up on Sami's progress. Hope it keeps chugging along & scan in May is good. Sami's lucky to have such caring peeps. Heaps of ear rubs & fusses. Vivian

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:48 am

Mayday21 wrote:Just catching up on Sami's progress. Hope it keeps chugging along & scan in May is good. Sami's lucky to have such caring peeps. Heaps of ear rubs & fusses. Vivian
Thank you for getting in touch, I'm touched people are keeping up with Sami's progress and offering fuss to him. I'm sure he's grateful too...it's going to be a long wait for the scan. I hope he is grateful to us lol

Hope you're well Jane and Sami x

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Lilith » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:53 am

Good luck Sami and all paws here still crossed and Shahi the royal python is crossing his tail ... May! That's a heck of a wait but all the very best for a lot of good healing going on in the meantime x

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Lilith wrote:Good luck Sami and all paws here still crossed and Shahi the royal python is crossing his tail ... May! That's a heck of a wait but all the very best for a lot of good healing going on in the meantime x
Appreciate that..I'm sure Sami would if he understood lol. It's only a few weeks. The problem is because Sami has two plates in the surgeon cannot totally see the bone...but knowing Sami I have a feeling he will be ok. But even with three legs he will be fine, and he's young enough he will adapt. Say thank you to shahi and give him a stroke X love you you too

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:08 am

Sami went back to the vet yesterday. Our surgeon is happy with how it's going, and he's not going to take the plates out for a while yet to give Sami the best chance of keeping the leg...Sami has some more anti biotics...and has to go back in one month..so kind of good news.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:22 am

Oh and he now weighs 4.09 kg my clever brave boy...the surgeon is happy to continue as long as we are

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:51 am

That's such good news. :D Hope he continues to improve.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 am

bobbys girl wrote:That's such good news. :D Hope he continues to improve.
Thank you. I'll keep you posted. He's playing lots in a box lol. I'm very proud of him so far. And he's sleeping all night with me at the moment x hope you and bobby are well x

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Hey that sounds hopeful - good luck and fusses to Sami and all the best from me and my gang and Shahi says thanks for the stroke (royal pythons are very like cats) and sends a friendly squeeze :D

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Lilith wrote:Hey that sounds hopeful - good luck and fusses to Sami and all the best from me and my gang and Shahi says thanks for the stroke (royal pythons are very like cats) and sends a friendly squeeze :D
Thank you very much,,,I'll pass it on to him,,,thanks...that's kind of him xxx

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Samir's wound isn't looking too good.,,I can see three screws now :(

But the vet is quite happy to give Sami a fair while longer. It's just me that's worrying lol

I was thinking of getting a little harness for Sami, especially for when he starts going out again in the future. But mum thinks we should get him used to it asap..,so I'm popping to pets at home at the weekend to get one...any recommendations ?

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Urrgh, sounds like the scar tissue has shrunken, which it does of course; a lot of wounds can get worse before they get better and look awful, but if your vet is optimistic, I do hope his leg survives (everything still crossed here!)

About harnesses, umm, it has been known for the cat to escape in a harness; they can limit agility and catch on things like tree branches, and I'm not terribly keen personally, although I realise some cats can be trained to walk on a leash and harness. i think it depends on circumstances and the temperament of the cat, but hopefully other members can advise further - good luck and give the lad fusses from me and my gang :)

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Lilith wrote:Urrgh, sounds like the scar tissue has shrunken, which it does of course; a lot of wounds can get worse before they get better and look awful, but if your vet is optimistic, I do hope his leg survives (everything still crossed here!)

About harnesses, umm, it has been known for the cat to escape in a harness; they can limit agility and catch on things like tree branches, and I'm not terribly keen personally, although I realise some cats can be trained to walk on a leash and harness. i think it depends on circumstances and the temperament of the cat, but hopefully other members can advise further - good luck and give the lad fusses from me and my gang :)
Thank you...I can see four screws now...we are going back on Thursday morning, so our surgeon can look at it..I'm still hopeful, but I'm very worried ... Hopefully the appointment goes well on Thursday.

I got one from pets at home, Sami isn't mega keen on it...but hated the cone at first...so I'll keep trying with treats! It's a while til he can go out anyway. It's just to try and get him used to it,

I'll let you know what happens Thursday

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Good luck. I'm assuming that the wound (or incision) is being left open to drain as opposed to knitting - also wasn't there something a while back about the screws eventually being removed when the bone callous was strong enough? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

By heck this lad has been through it, still going through it, and so are you.

All the very very best on Thursday! x

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Lilith wrote:Good luck. I'm assuming that the wound (or incision) is being left open to drain as opposed to knitting - also wasn't there something a while back about the screws eventually being removed when the bone callous was strong enough? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

By heck this lad has been through it, still going through it, and so are you.

All the very very best on Thursday! x
You are right...he did stitch up the wound, but when it opened showing two screws the surgeon didn't want to close it again...letting it drain the infection.

Yes. The surgeon will take the plate and screws out, after xraying the leg again...likely to be towards end of June.

Thank you very much for thinking of us, I'll post on Thursday. Hope all is well with you X

Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Kay » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:59 pm

The kind of jacket which wraps round the body is safe and comfortable, described on Amazon as vest harness

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:12 am

Kay wrote:The kind of jacket which wraps round the body is safe and comfortable, described on Amazon as vest harness
Thank you. I'll take a look. But have got one from pets at home at the moment

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Sami update:

We went to the vet this morning, the surgeon said it might open more still but he hopes it doesn't...he could of sowed it up again, but it would come open again. He still wants to wait as long as possible, but maybe in a couple of months or so...he will do the X-ray...and maybe take the plates out, and if the bone crumbles or fractures...he will have to remove the leg...depends on how he gets on, and how good the bone is when they X-ray Sami's leg again.

:?

alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:29 pm

That sounds worrying. Hope Sami's leg can be saved, it must be a very trying time for him (and you). From the tales of broken legs on here, I am realizing just how lucky Tilly was.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:36 pm

alanc wrote:That sounds worrying. Hope Sami's leg can be saved, it must be a very trying time for him (and you). From the tales of broken legs on here, I am realizing just how lucky Tilly was.

Thank you for your reply...it is, it's just the not knowing what the future holds is the worst bit (same when he was missing). To be honest it was a likely outcome from day one, because the bone was exposed for three weeks...but it's not for sure yet. We just have to wait a bit longer! He's fine, just a bit bored at times and frustrated that he can't lick his leg...yes I hope Tilly is doing fine...I am grateful people are still interested in how Sami is, and me too, it's very nice to know people are thinking of us.

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Hey I missed your update last night ... so, not out of the wood yet then, but I don't think the vet would keep you waiting like this if there wasn't a chance of keeping the leg.

Everything crossed here as usual (we are all ok, thanks, only Mouse has to go in for a dental next week, poor Mouse, not that it's spoiling her appetite and she'll have her favourite baked fish when she comes home) and all the absolute best, the wiaitng must be awful. Hang on in there Sami, and you too x

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Lilith wrote:Hey I missed your update last night ... so, not out of the wood yet then, but I don't think the vet would keep you waiting like this if there wasn't a chance of keeping the leg.

Everything crossed here as usual (we are all ok, thanks, only Mouse has to go in for a dental next week, poor Mouse, not that it's spoiling her appetite and she'll have her favourite baked fish when she comes home) and all the absolute best, the wiaitng must be awful. Hang on in there Sami, and you too x
Hiya...don't worry thanks for replying now...true, I think you're right...our vets are, and have been, brilliant about Sami.

Aww poor Mouse, she'll like that :)

Yes you're right the waiting is worse than the outcome; waiting for Sami to reappear was hell, but the Saturday after the Friday he went in when I saw him in the hospital I knew he was going to be alright with three legs or four...

That's kind I'll pass it on, like I say thanks again for replying and keeping us both in your thoughts X

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 am

We are going back to the vet this morning, hopefully just a little check up and to get more antibiotics...

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 am

Hope all goes well. Everything crossed for you!

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Sorry - only just spotted this - hope everything went well x

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:15 pm

bobbys girl wrote:Hope all goes well. Everything crossed for you!

Thank you for the message..

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Lilith wrote:Sorry - only just spotted this - hope everything went well x
Thank you for thinks of us

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Sami update...

Well we went to the vet this morning, and basically it's not great news....

The bottom screw...has loosened a bit

The surgeon will X-ray him on Thursday, and see how - if at all - the bone is healing...

He may or may not take the plates out, which may or may not mean he will loose the leg.

The decision is being taken out of our hands, it's done to how the bone is...I've basically told the surgeon to do what he thinks is best, depending on what the X-rays show.

I'm very worried now, my brave boy has been through so much...I will let you know what happens Thursday.

Jx