My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is missing - Eastwick (Found)

Post by Samis Mummy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:29 pm

bobbys girl wrote:I am constantly amazed at just what Bob can do. You should see how he washes his face and how he opens doors and how he can climb a tree .... Well the mind boggles! :shock:

Once Sami's coat grows back and he gets his balance, there will be no looking back. :D
They are amazing aren't they? Sami is adapting really well...I'm really proud of him.

Aww bless bob...it will be a while before Sami is allowed out without a harness on! But he's not allowed out at all yet, the vets said, once the fur grows I'll soon forget he was ever had four legs...he already looks suited to three legs! Xx

Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Mayday21 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Sami's mummy & Sami previously posted that Mayday had to have her lhs back leg off. I too was in shock but she was amazing within ea few days. Her tail was her rudder, climbing & jumping on & off my bed. It was only as she entered her senior years I started to Get concerned re arthritis & weight issues. She was always a little cat. Sami will show you how adaptable he is!! And yes it does help when the fur grows back over the wound. I hope your mum is feeling a lot more comfortable with Sami's physical appearance. Keep us posted. And fusses to Sami. He probably feels so much better without plates & pins. (((Hugs))) vivian
Last edited by Mayday21 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Mayday21 wrote:Hi Sami's mummy & Sami previously posted that Mayday had to have her lhs back leg off. I too was in shock but she was amazing within ea few days. Her tail was her rudder, climbing & jumping on & off my bed. It was only as she entered her senior years I started to convo Erne daughter re arthritis & weight issues. She was always a little cat. Sami will show you how adaptable he is!! And yes it dies help when the fur grows back over the wound. I hope your mum is feeling a lot more comfortable with Sami's physical appearance. Keep us posted. And fusses to Sami. He probably feels so much better without plates & pins. (((Hugs))) vivian
Hi Vivian...thanks for the message...I remember..clever mayday. Thanks for sharing...

He's already looking much better, and he's getting on with three legs...although there's a way to go, stitches out next Monday..and once the fur comes back. He will look ok, he's jumping a bit and walking really well...I'm very proud of how he's adapting, and it's funny but I think he'd look odd with four legs now! Mum is getting there, she just sad the leg has gone...you might be right...he's just getting used to things. He's not eaten much, but he's sleeping a lot...so probably doesn't need it..

I'll keep you posted :P

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by bobbys girl » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Bob was off his food for the first few days. But then he was fine.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:14 am

bobbys girl wrote:Bob was off his food for the first few days. But then he was fine.
That's reassuring..in the morning Sami has pain relief liquid in his food so that might also be a reason, but thank you for the message x

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:31 pm

I was too late to talk to the pet place...but Sami will only know life with three legs...so I'm over it I think. I'm just so proud of him, he's home happy and getting to be healthy

Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi Sami's mummy just edited my previous post - heavens know what happened to words before "arthritis". Just looked at my avatar & the way Mayday's lying with her lhs up you can see how well her fur hides that the leg is missing. More fusses to Sami. Vivian

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Mayday21 wrote:Hi Sami's mummy just edited my previous post - heavens know what happened to words before "arthritis". Just looked at my avatar & the way Mayday's lying with her lhs up you can see how well her fur hides that the leg is missing. More fusses to Sami. Vivian
Thank you

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm so proud of my Sami cat..he's doing amazingly well...although not eating loads at the moment. But he's getting on with it, and really suits having three legs...the photos I have of him with four legs. Look a bit weird now! He's such a star..does anyone want to see the "wound"? He's my brave baby boy and I love him to the moon and back...

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:23 pm

I only ask...because it's a little shocking

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Lilith » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Well yes, it's a distressing situation, but I think we all know Sami so well by now that I for one would like to see him,and also it might help someone reading this forum whose cat is in a similar plight or possibly facing an amputation. Heaven forbid that any of mine should have to go through this, but, like the pics of Bobbys girl's Bob, it's heartening to know that a cat can survive amputation and get on with life.

Best love to you and Sami x

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Bob was bandaged up for quite a while because of the risk of infection. So by the time we got to see the wound it was well on it's way to being fixed. :D

I'd like to see this famous little lad, wound or not. We have heard so much about him.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:48 am

It's saying file to large

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:14 am

I'll add it from my iPad I hope

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:15 am

Lilith wrote:Well yes, it's a distressing situation, but I think we all know Sami so well by now that I for one would like to see him,and also it might help someone reading this forum whose cat is in a similar plight or possibly facing an amputation. Heaven forbid that any of mine should have to go through this, but, like the pics of Bobbys girl's Bob, it's heartening to know that a cat can survive amputation and get on with life.

Best love to you and Sami x
You mean I talk a lot lol. Thanks I'll pass it on. I'll add it asap

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:16 am

bobbys girl wrote:Bob was bandaged up for quite a while because of the risk of infection. So by the time we got to see the wound it was well on it's way to being fixed. :D

I'd like to see this famous little lad, wound or not. We have heard so much about him.
Lucky you! Famous?! My little guy x

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

You can resize your photo's on picresize. A bit of trial and error depending on the size of the original, but that's what I use.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:03 am

bobbys girl wrote:You can resize your photo's on picresize. A bit of trial and error depending on the size of the original, but that's what I use.
I've reduced them by emailing myself.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Lilith » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Samis Mummy wrote:
You mean I talk a lot lol.
Lol - no, truly, and if it comes to talking too much just look at the amount of posts I've made - I suffer from keyboard incontinence :lol:

Sami's story is one of the most fascinating threads we've got on here I think - what could have been a tragedy and also how a cat (and his owner) fight back to recovery and normality. People have written books about less. Also the details, and other people's experiences, of coping with a situation like this, though naturally nobody would want this to happen, inform and could help other owners with cats in the same plight.

Thanks for posting the pics - great to see him at last, though you can see he'll be very glad to be rid of that cone.

As always all the very best to the pair of you - you're fighters x

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:18 pm

I'll second that! :D Nice to see him at long last.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:50 pm

Lilith wrote:
Samis Mummy wrote:
You mean I talk a lot lol.
Lol - no, truly, and if it comes to talking too much just look at the amount of posts I've made - I suffer from keyboard incontinence :lol:

Sami's story is one of the most fascinating threads we've got on here I think - what could have been a tragedy and also how a cat (and his owner) fight back to recovery and normality. People have written books about less. Also the details, and other people's experiences, of coping with a situation like this, though naturally nobody would want this to happen, inform and could help other owners with cats in the same plight.

Thanks for posting the pics - great to see him at last, though you can see he'll be very glad to be rid of that cone.

As always all the very best to the pair of you - you're fighters x
That's nice of you to say. I do talk a lot about him. But it's nice to know people are interested in how he's doing ..I hope it does help others. Yes he's not impressed with the cone lol but he doesn't fight it now..you're welcome. I did show one at the start...he's a handsome cat...thanks we try...I'm looking forward to the cone being off as I think it makes him look worse than the stitches... Xxx

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:54 pm

bobbys girl wrote:I'll second that! :D Nice to see him at long last.
He's a lovely looking boy... Xx :D

Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:56 am

Very like Mayday's wound. The vet tried to save her leg but after a week of being dropped off at the clinic to have dressing changed he phoned me at work to say it wasn't repairing & she was getting sick so had to come off. It was a Friday I went o collect her the next morning to be told "Mayday managed to get out of her cage & was on the floor demanding to be fed." I think I've posted that when she heard my voice she started to flip around the floor. I panicked but the vet said "She just needs to find her balance." Also when he operated I went to c her the next day & was asked "Does she know how to use a tray?" "Yes" They took me to see her & she was curled up asleep in her tray. "Oh Mayday you've reverted to your kittenhood." She was suffering pts. That was one of the reasons the vet suggested me taking her home instead of leaving her at the surgery as well as her not eating. Keep us posted on Sami - he'll be up & running very soon. Fusses to him from me & the 3 puss-kateers. Vivian

PS very quiet weekend - places recovering from Cyclone Debbie. President of Little Paws can't get out due to floods. There was so much rain! Poor people up North had the horrendous wind as well. It took the eye 3 hrs to pass. Frightening.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:49 am

Sami sleeps on his newspaper sometimes, we are using litter at the moment...

The weather sounds bad, hope everything is ok

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:25 am

Off to the vet this afternoon to get Sami's stitches out.

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:08 am

That was quick :D . Hope everything goes OK!

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:55 pm

bobbys girl wrote:That was quick :D . Hope everything goes OK!
Yes just ten days...the vet took the stitches out, said the wound is healing well...Sami can have the cone off sometimes with supervision...but he will need it on for another ten days or so.

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:29 am

@bobbys girl

Did you find bob walked with a bit of difficulty at first. Sami's right leg seems a little stiff/hurting. He's on pain relief still...I just wondered...

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:07 am

At first Bob was like someone on crutches - a little awkward and slow. But as he healed and got used to it, he got a lot more confident. The other thing that might be holding back Sami's recovery is his one leg is doing the work of two and, as such, needs time to develop more strength and muscle.

Bob's remaining front leg is enormous, he looks like Popeye! :lol: He has got a grip like a vice, ouch. You will probably find he develops a kick like a mule. :lol:

Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 pm

bobbys girl wrote:At first Bob was like someone on crutches - a little awkward and slow. But as he healed and got used to it, he got a lot more confident. The other thing that might be holding back Sami's recovery is his one leg is doing the work of two and, as such, needs time to develop more strength and muscle.

Bob's remaining front leg is enormous, he looks like Popeye! :lol: He has got a grip like a vice, ouch. You will probably find he develops a kick like a mule. :lol:
Thank you for reassuring me... That's what I'm thinking. He's just growing the strength. Tonight he's running ok. But walking awkwardly...

Don't tell me that :D he kicked hard enough before!! :lol:

I can't tell you how much better I feel reading you're reply...Sami is going to be fine X