MISSING CAT - N11 BOUNDS GREEN AREA OF LONDON (FOUND!)

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Victoria
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

MISSING CAT - N11 BOUNDS GREEN AREA OF LONDON (FOUND!)

Post by Victoria »

My very pretty, entirely black male cat, Puma, who is just under three years old, went missing on Monday 31st October in the Bounds Green/New Southgate area of North London (within a few hundred years of Bounds Green Underground Station, for those who know the area). I am beside myself with worry. It may be that he has been spooked by early fireworks and has run away and got lost, or that he has become trapped somewhere.

I would be very grateful if people in the Bounds Green/New Southgate/Crouch End/Muswell Hill/Wood Green areas would check back gardens, garages, sheds and greenhouses for him, and generally keep a look-out for a completely black cat, small-to-medium in size, with short hair, green eyes, and delicate head and facial features, perhaps looking lost or trying to 'talk' to people (he tends to squeak rather than meow!). Or please let me know if you see a cat of this description in these areas that you haven't seen before

He is microchipped and does not wear a collar.

He has always been a friendly, affectionate, confident boy, but it may be that if he's lost he is behaving in a more timid and cautious manner- I have no idea.

I AM OFFERING A REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO HIS SAFE RETURN, PAYABLE ONCE HE IS SAFELY BACK AT HOME.

UPDATE 6th November - After almost a week away, Puma returned home in the early hours of this morning - ravenously hungry, very nervous, but seemingly unhurt. We think he must have been 'living rough'. Our theory is that something scared him on 31st October - it may have been some fireworks, as people were letting them off in this area on Halloween - and that the very loud firework displays across the two or three miles surrounding here last night, 5th November, so frightened him that he was 'driven' to finding his way home.

I hope that anyone who comes across this post, whose cat is missing, takes heart - you really never know when kitty could turn up. - When I was a child we had a home-loving cat called Brandy who disappeared for three months, then turned up one morning as if nothing had happened, and never disappeared again. So please don't despair!
Attachments
IMAG0157 (4).jpg
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: MISSING CAT - N11 BOUNDS GREEN AREA OF LONDON (FOUND!)

Post by alanc »

That's great news. I agree he is very pretty. Not heard of fireworks chasing a cat home before although frightening them away is all to common.
Victoria
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Victoria »

I appreciate your kind words, alanc. It's just a theory - It seemed significant that he suddenly came home when there was so much noise going on, and so many people walking about. Whatever the reason, he is very relieved to be home, and that's the main thing! Thank you so much for taking an interest.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so pleased to hear he's home safe! :)
Victoria
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Victoria »

Thank you, Crewella, it's so nice when people take an interest.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Thanks Victoria - equally, it's nice when people make the effort to update after their initial post. I'm sure we've all been there at some point, and it's good to know when there's been a happy outcome.

I also particularly noticed your post as my Merrick is also a delicate, all black 'squeaker'! :)
Victoria
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Victoria »

Thank you for your kind words, Crewella. Please give Merrick a cuddle from me - I'm sure he's adorable!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So pleased to here he is safely back home. He really is a cutey.
Victoria
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Victoria »

Hi bobbys girl, thank you for your kind post. It makes a real difference when people are supportive. - It's lovely when people say nice things about Puma. Of course, all cats are cuties! - Bless them all.