Lost Cat, Spennymoor (County Durham)

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Lost Cat, Spennymoor (County Durham)

Post by kimberly »

Hi, my small grey cat Marley has been missing since March 24th and I really want him found and back home with us!!
He is a 4 yr old indoor cat that escaped by accident and hasn't been seen since (some people have reported possibly seeing him since 26th but nothing after that!!) We would really like him home

He is quite small (here is a comparison of him with our other cats)
17554315_195366227621435_2146130084698503113_n.jpg
and here is a photo of his underbelly markings
17522729_195359970955394_8545363487497532945_n.jpg
HE IS NEUTERED BUT UNFORTUNATELY NOT MICROCHIPPED

I HAVE CALLED LOCAL VETS, ASKED NEIGHBOURS, PUT UP POSTERS (some have even been torn down!) I have posted about him on numerous websites and local facebook groups to no avail (Even notified our council and asked if they've picked any bodies up from the roadside)
His litter tray has been outside with his favourite fuzzy snake toy (we even put food down but the only cat we ever let out keeps eating it) and we have also dumped the contents of our vacuum around the garden (Not sure what else to do?) I have searched the area daily and nightly and used a torch to check on the local grey feral cats but he wasn't amongst them

Someone may be feeding or housing him, maybe he's been hurt and handed in but we would very much love him back!! Please help and spread the word! ):
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Lost Cat, Spennymoor (County Durham)

Post by Samis Mummy »

Don't have to use caps. It's good ideas. I do hope you find your cat. I went through hell..see my post
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Post by Cat-FAQ »

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found page, the information there may help:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

Samis Mummy wrote:Don't have to use caps. It's good ideas. I do hope you find your cat. I went through hell..see my post
The fact I used caps shouldn't be an issue, my cat is missing is the problem! My fault is that he's not microchipped.. I don't want him found and rehomed, I want him back with us
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

kimberly wrote:
Samis Mummy wrote:Don't have to use caps. It's good ideas. I do hope you find your cat. I went through hell..see my post
The fact I used caps shouldn't be an issue, my cat is missing is the problem! My fault is that he's not microchipped.. I don't want him found and rehomed, I want him back with us
I may of come across to rude. I know exactly how you feel...I meant I hope you find him and have him home.,,I meant asking around is the best way to get it in people's heads.,, I never said rehome him. Did I? I understand and sympathise with what you are going through...and by I went through hell. Sami has lost a leg...I just meant by using caps it's like you're shouting at people Please forgive me. I never meant to upset you. I meant all the ideas you did were good. The more people know more likely someone will see him. That's what's happened with me and Sami
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I last saw my cat.. it is very unlike him to disappear!! I've been with him daily for the last 4 years.

Does anyone have any advice? What if someone has seen my posters but has stolen him/decided to keep him locked in? I'm worried about him!
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

kimberly wrote:It's been a little over 2 weeks since I last saw my cat.. it is very unlike him to disappear!! I've been with him daily for the last 4 years.

Does anyone have any advice? What if someone has seen my posters but has stolen him/decided to keep him locked in? I'm worried about him!
I wish the best x
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

kimberly wrote:It's been a little over 2 weeks since I last saw my cat.. it is very unlike him to disappear!! I've been with him daily for the last 4 years.

I dint think someone is Si bad I just do anything
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

He greets me every day and comes to bed with me at night and sleeps next to me! If he leaves to play or to eat then he comes straight back to me as soon as I wake up and greets me again.

He's always on my lap and following me in every room, he loves his litter tray and gets excited about having it cleaned. I just find it strange that he hasn't returned after all this time considering his personality. He's obsessed with me and loves his treats and playing with our dog. He is also cross eyed and likes to sit strangely like a person or with his leg out!
vAfwcAv.jpg
17457430_195354857622572_8351689166395290776_n.jpg
s5VBogk.jpg
A6IqzCM.jpg
Cats are strange but he would NOT be away this long! I don't want to give up on him but I don't quite know what to do, haha
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww lovely little lad! I've had a couple disappear and it's heartbreaking, but I do hope it doesn't happen with your boy - come home soon Marley! All very best wishes and all paws crossed here x
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

@ Kimberly. Have you forgiven me?
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Kimberley have you tried rattling food/dishes & even putting his litter tray out. I hope you have your lovely Marley home soon & I''m sending you +Ve thoughts. Vivian
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

@kimberly. Any sign?xx
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

@samis mummy
there is nothing to forgive because i never held anything against you, haha
just want my cat to come home

@mayday21
yup, posters, food, tray, everything. i have tried and he's nowhere in the vicinity

it's been just over 3 weeks and he has vanished!
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

Any news? I know how bad I felt when Sami was missing..
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

No sign or possible sightings of him for 2 weeks now, really gutted because I want him back
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

kimberly wrote:No sign or possible sightings of him for 2 weeks now, really gutted because I want him back
Big hugs. Sami was missing for 20 days. So keep hoping. I can't even believe he ever had four legs!
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

Still no news.. all possible sightings have stopped coming in. ):
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

kimberly wrote:Still no news.. all possible sightings have stopped coming in. ):
I'm sad to hear you still do not have any news.
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

I'm sad that I will never find him because he's not chipped..
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

kimberly wrote:I'm sad that I will never find him because he's not chipped..
That might not make a difference, even if he's unchipped and taken to a local vet...they might contact you if they know he's missing and unchipped...it might not hurt to contact local vets and explain he's unchipped...I apologise if you have done this, just a suggestion.

Sami is chipped and until he was found...we didn't know where he was...it was just luck so many people knew he was missing, and saw him...
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Many years ago now, my old cat Misty was lost for 9 weeks. He was unchipped as well, but he was eventually found. Poster at the vets was what showed the person who found him where he belonged. (In the spirit of shutting the stable door, I got him chipped afterwards, but he never ventured far away again.)
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

Not sure if my posts make me sound angry but I'm not, mostly just upset about my cat lmao

We (as in me and my mum) have contacted two local vets, he's up on their system as missing and they both have posters up of him, We've had his missing advert posted into our local newspaper but have only ever had one person contact us about POSSIBLY feeding a cat similar but they won't help us beyond that, I don't even have a photo of this possible cat (though I've personally searched around this area at different times and never seen any cats)

The road sweep also has our phone number if they come across a body besides the roadside but nothing has ever been found. (At least that matches our cats description)

There's a group of small grey ferals near us (at least 5 of them) but none look anything like him (theyre too fluffy or have large patches of white on them) but our cat only has it on his face

Waiting around for him to possibly show up is so difficult! But I don't want to give up on him, haha

@ALANC How was your cat found? Was he spotted roaming or taken in?
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Kimberly
So far as I ever found out, Misty got frightened by something and ran so far he could not find his way home again. He was about half a mile away, on the other side of town. How he got there, i have no idea, but he found a house with an open cat flap and spare cat food. The house owners were away in Australia for 2-3 months and had left their cat to be fed by a neighbor. Neighbor assumed they had two cats and carried on feeding them both! When owners returned, they were surprised to learn they had an extra cat. Fortunately, they went down to the vets to ask what they ought to do about him and there was Misty's missing poster, so they rang me and I went and collected him. Happiest day of my life.
The most depressing thing about the affair was that I had put up a missing poster at the end of the road where he was found, but it seems people just went past without looking at it.
Hope very much Marley turns up, I know only to well how you feel.
Alan
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

Still nothing about Marley.. he's just vanished lmao
I miss him
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

Still nothing ): how do people cope
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

My small son has been missing for 4 months and it still breaks my heart
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

I'm very sorry to hear you've had no news...x
7cats
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by 7cats »

Have you contacted the animal rescue centres in your area and let them know he's still missing ?

It might be an idea to go round the places and groups you've already been in touch with and contact them again to say he's still missing.

Are you near a newsagents or local shop ? Pop a poster on their board and window as well.
kimberly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kimberly »

Yeah and he's repeatedly posted in our local newspaper every so often but no news.