Lost cat: Tigger from Downham Market

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
jaymimauk
Returning Cat Chatter

Lost cat: Tigger from Downham Market

Post by jaymimauk »

Tigger who is a long legged big eyed Tabby cat last seen on Masefield Drive Downham Market at 10.30pm on Sunday 30th July. If you live in Downham Market please look out for him, check your garages, sheds, gardens etc as we think he must be shut in somewhere. Normally checks in every 2 hours, so 6 days is just not like him.

We are so worried and hope for news soon.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Lost cat: Tigger from Downham Market

Post by Cat-FAQ »

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found page, the information there may help:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found
jaymimauk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by jaymimauk »

Thanks for the link have pretty much done all that is suggested on there. Very frustrating not being able to do more.
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Samis Mummy »

I'm vry sorry to hear your news...have you put leaflets in local shops, garagages, pubs? Local houses...we did all that when Sami was missing...read my post if you want. Keep asking about, go out when it's getting light or dark with a torch...you might see your cat's eyes, as he might be hurt and hiding..I don't mean to sound down, just I tried everything myself..also try all local vets, so they know if a cat is taken in injured...is he microchipped? As you can register him as missing on pet log. Good luck, keep us imformed...JANE X
jaymimauk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by jaymimauk »

Hello,

We have done knocking on doors, posters, leaflets, been out calling every evening and there is just no sign. He is microchipped and we have contacted local vets and animal shelter. I have posted his details on every page I can find.

He is 5 years old and neutered but we have only had him 3 months. He has been going out for the last 10 weeks and always popped back every hour or so.

It is like he went out on Sunday night and vanished.

Trying to keep calm but starting to give up already.

Thanks for your reply and I have read you messages which do help.

Jemma
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

jaymimauk wrote:Hello,

We have done knocking on doors, posters, leaflets, been out calling every evening and there is just no sign. He is microchipped and we have contacted local vets and animal shelter. I have posted his details on every page I can find.

He is 5 years old and neutered but we have only had him 3 months. He has been going out for the last 10 weeks and always popped back every hour or so.

It is like he went out on Sunday night and vanished.

Trying to keep calm but starting to give up already.

Thanks for your reply and I have read you messages which do help

Jemma
Just keep asking anyone that you see, also any dog walkers ... as they might see something if their dogs sniff anything...don't give up, it's easy to start feeling down...but don't give up, just talk on here...I found the replies helpful and caring, although until you find out what happens it isn't easy...the three weeks Sami was missing was horrible, but he was found...even though he now has three legs, I have my boy back to full health..

But do keep checking and asking neighbours...I know you must be doing everything you can, and the more people that know he's missing and that he belongs to you...

I really hope you find your boy, keep posting so we know...all my thoughts and best wishes are with you...jx
jaymimauk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by jaymimauk »

Thanks for your reply and for encouraging me not to give up. I am currently trying to get horrible thoughts out of my head as I know there is no point in thinking that way.

I think I will put up more posters in the week further a field.

Really hope we have a good outcome like you did and happy for you that toy got your baby back.
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

jaymimauk wrote:Thanks for your reply and for encouraging me not to give up. I am currently trying to get horrible thoughts out of my head as I know there is no point in thinking that way.

I think I will put up more posters in the week further a field.

Really hope we have a good outcome like you did and happy for you that toy got your baby back.

It's hard to keep believing but you find a way...it was horrible when he was missing, but he's amazing and I'm sure you will get the news you want...please keep me informed...just keep trying. Is there a chance someone might be feeding him? x
jaymimauk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by jaymimauk »

Hello,

We have only had him 3 months and we hadn't seen him go elsewhere but one or out neighbours said if her door is open he would come in. He is friendly so he really could have gone elsewhere and be accepting food.

We have put out about 150 leaflets and 15 posters wo hope if someone is doing that they would let us know.

Such a weird feeling at the moment feels like my life is going to be looking for him from now on.

It is the not knowing that is the hardest.

Thanks for your support
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

We have only had him 3 months and we hadn't seen him go elsewhere but one or out neighbours said if her door is open he would come in. He is friendly so he really could have gone elsewhere and be accepting food.

We have put out about 150 leaflets and 15 posters wo hope if someone is doing that they would let us know.

Such a weird feeling at the moment feels like my life is going to be looking for him from now on.

It is the not knowing that is the hardest.

Thanks for your support
I totally feel for you...i know the not knowing is the worst thing...i felt the same when Sami was missing...the three weeks, i did different hours at work...walked all over the fields and village twice a day...kept ringing the local vets and animal shelters..and when we didn't know if we could save the leg...

I am thinking of you and i really hope you get news soon...when Sami was missing, all i wanted to know was what happened...good or bad..

Sounds like you are doing everything you can...did you register him as missing on petlog?

Best wishes

Jane and Sami x
jaymimauk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by jaymimauk »

Hello,

I know we are talking offline too but he is registered as missing on identibase where his chip is registered. Shared in petlog Facebook and literally any other site K can think of.

The only thing I haven't done is a really late night / early morning walk.

Jemma
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

I know we are talking offline too but he is registered as missing on identibase where his chip is registered. Shared in petlog Facebook and literally any other site K can think of.

The only thing I haven't done is a really late night / early morning walk.

Jemma
That's good...i would recommend a early morning/late afternoon walk...go with a torch to look for his eyes in bushes etc