Lost in Bramhall, Stockport. Missing Cat. 1 year old. FOUND

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
cookie1234
New Cat Chatter

Lost in Bramhall, Stockport. Missing Cat. 1 year old. FOUND

Post by cookie1234 »

Now found!!!!!

Please help if you can, to find our missing cat. She is nearly a year old and is chocolate, smoky coloured.

She has some ginger on her mainly brown face, and she has different colour paws. She currently has a shaved patch where she has been neutered a few weeks ago.

She has a very long and wide tail.

She went missing from near Bramhall Park and she is quite timid, but a lovely natured affectionate cat. It is not usual for her to go missing and we are all very worried about her.

She was last seen at 11am on the 29th June 2014

Please let us know if you have might have seen her

She is not wearing a collar. She is microchipped

We have now found her - and as predicted by jacks she was in a neighbours garden under a trailer.
Attachments
cookie.jpg
cookie.jpg (80.17 KiB) Viewed 2008 times
Last edited by cookie1234 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: Lost in Bramhall, Stockport. Missing Cat. 1 year old.

Post by Jacks »

Hello Cookie - so sorry to hear your baby is missing - as she's only young and nervous but affectionate there's a VERY good chance she's strayed into someone's shed and got herself locked in. It was only yesterday morning, and if they open up today she'll probably be back by midday, all being well. It's happened to me with my youngster.

However I would be really active on this one - she's not been missing long but she could be in difficulties. Please visit the houses 5 places on each side of you (so local) with her picture and ask if you could check their shed and gardens. She's much more likely to reveal herself if she knows it's you, especially if she's frightened. Most missing cats that are found are close to home, not a long distance away (the latter are the only ones that make the news!) so do all you can to locate your little one.

Good luck!
cookie1234
New Cat Chatter

Post by cookie1234 »

Thanks so much Jacks. We border a park so have only a few neighbours and are worried about her being in the large park ovrnight. Have you had experience of this at all ? we dont have any experioence of how cats might get on in the park, or where they might hide

We are asking also asking the nighbours, hopefully that will be the place she has gone rather than into the park

Thanks again
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jacks »

If she wandered into the park she might well find a fairly dense bush to hide under - unlike the popular idea of cats they don't generally climb trees when they are scared, they look for a hole to hide in or some other area they can defend against predators. So I would get over to the park and look for any place where she could hide herself from view - take a torch, as a dark coloured cat can do a good job of making herself invisible! Sometimes my white calico hides under bushes in the garden when it rains lightly and it's not even easy to spot her!

I would particularly go out at dusk, when it's quiet and she's more likely to emerge if she's been spooked and is hiding - and take a torch. You won't blind her if you shine it at her but her eyes will reflect light (they are not the same as ours).

Really hoping you can get this lovely girl home - I'd say probably either shut in somewhere or spooked and 'gone to ground'.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Lost in Bramhall, Stockport. Missing Cat. 1 year old. F

Post by Jacks »

I am SO happy for you!!! My baby went missing Wednesday morning and she is a confident outdoor cat, but my wonderful cat sitter found her on Thursday evening - she'd obviously been scared and disoriented and had wandered out of her territory.

It's just so wonderful when they're home, isn't it! I'm so glad the advice helped - I hope it will inspire others to get out there and find their missing kitties xxx