My cat is missing (Elham SE Kent) FOUND !!

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

My cat is missing (Elham SE Kent) FOUND !!

Post by papa cat »

One of my cats has gone missing !
I think he fell out of my (ground floor) bedroom window during the night !
He wouldn't have gone out voluntarily, he's terrified of going outdoors, possibly because he can't see very well.
(Most cats are long sighted, ie can't see well up-close, but he can't seem to see well any closer than about 5 feet)
He's microchipped and registered and I reported him as missing to the registration company this afternoon.

Tonight I put outside his covered litter tray (that he had used) and another covered litter tray (clean) with his cushion in it that he had been sleeping on, and some food and water.
If some of the food has gone tomorrow I will know he is still in the vicinity because its a microchip feeder and only he can get into it.

I've distributed forty flyers to nearby addresses, shops and pubs and notified the local vet's.
I hope I get him back but I'm not optimistic.
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: My cat is missing (Elham SE Kent) FOUND !!

Post by papa cat »

I'm pleased to say I found him.
I went outside to bring in the things I left out for him as I was beginning to give up hope and I saw a dark coloured cat run across the car park.

I checked the food bowl I had left out and saw some had been eaten so I was sure it was him.

After crawling under about half a dozen cars I managed to gradually get up close and grab him and I took him back indoors.
He's had something to eat and a big drink and is now very happy and trilling at me.

I wonder where he has been during his 48 hour expedition ??
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

what a relief

chances are he didn't go very far at all -just hid somewhere because he was totally disorientated

it's a bit of a myth that cats can always find their way home - some do over long distances but more get totally lost just a short distance from home if they are not used to roaming outside
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by papa cat »

Throughout his entire 8 year life he has been an indoor cat however I don't mind if he wants to be an outdoor cat as well but I worry he'll get lost again.
Can anyone give me any tips ?
(I don't have a cat flap and am not allowed to fit one in this flat)

One thing that's against it though is he's not vaccinated because he has chronic (ongoing) diarrhoea due to a bowel problem and the vet says the vaccination won't be effective because of that.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

What good news! I think he will probably be more than happy to be an indoor cat again after such an upsetting experience. Perhaps a screen in the window would be a good idea, so the air can get in but the cat can't get out?