Lost cat - Aldridge Recycling Centre- Walsall

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
One-LUX Cat
New Cat Chatter

Lost cat - Aldridge Recycling Centre- Walsall

Post by One-LUX Cat »

Hi

I hope that someone can help.
We operate a business located opposite a recycling centre in Aldridge, West Midlands. Unfortunately we have recently observed what seems like a young black cat wandering around our business park and in the vicinity of the local recycling centre adjacent to us. Discussions with team members from the recycling centre lead us to believe the cat appeared about 3 weeks ago, it may have been dumped and is regularly in or around the bin areas looking for food. We are now attempting to feed the cat as it looks painfully thin.

We have called Cats Protection and established that our local centre is not currently operational.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to proceed next?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Lost cat - Aldridge Recycling Centre- Walsall

Post by Mollycat »

Good on you for wanting to help this cat, I see your post was a couple of days ago, is there any update?

Sounds to me like you're doing the right thing, first see if you can feed it and gain its trust and depending on the urgency of the situation go from there. You can, if you wanted to go that route, buy a humane trap and then if anyone can take the cat home to a secure environment to nurse it back to health, that would be ideal. Blue Cross and PDSA may be able to help if you can trap the cat, don't hand it in to the RSPCA though, they are a bit quick to put to sleep anything that is going to be too much hassle to rehome.

We had a cat turn up at my work once, my firm didn't want him hanging around but he went next door to the timber merchants to live. His choice. They fed him, gave him extra for Sundays when they were closed, and someone always took him home for Christmas. After I left another cat showed up and this time my old firm let him stay. A business cat, depending on your business, can be a good thing.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Lost cat - Aldridge Recycling Centre- Walsall

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Thanks for caring for this cat.

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found advice page, the information there might help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... ound#found

You might also wish to view the latest Lost Cat reports (from PetsReunited.com) to see whether anyone has reported this cat as missing: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/lost-found-cats