Dusty lost in Rancorn Road, Westbrook, Margate, Kent CT9

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
SheilaB
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 10

Dusty lost in Rancorn Road, Westbrook, Margate, Kent CT9

Post by SheilaB »

Hi, My name is Sheila and my beautiful long haired black and grey female cat called Dusty who is a strictly indoor cat got let out by a visitor today and I am frantic! She is spayed and 9 yrs old. Microchipped by Vale Vets in Streatham. I live in Rancorn Road, Westbrook, Margate, Kent CT9 and wonder if anyone living in the area would be good enough to contact me if they find her as she is much loved. She is very nervous so a gentle approach is required. My phone numbers are 01843 297586/07969 997551. Thank you
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: Dusty lost in Rancorn Road, Westbrook, Margate, Kent CT9

Post by Jacks »

She will not have gone far! Depending on whether she was let out front or back, sprinkle some of her used litter (strongly smelling of her) close to the house, and some of her favourite treats. Put leaflets of her with her picture in all the houses close, then ask them later when they come home if you can look in their gardens. She is most likely very scared and hiding.

Put food for her close to the house very early morning and early evening - not in the middle of the day when it's most hot, as she'll probably be hunkered down somewhere. Call for her in the evening or early morning when it's cool and quiet. If you see her and can't easily get her (she doesn't come close) talk to her gently and gradually start walking home and let her follow you. To coax a cat in a front door go it, leave it a little ajar and hide behind it. Then wait. Curiosity is a great draw to a cat...

I do hope you find her.