Bromley North (Owner Found)

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
OConnor
Returning Cat Chatter

Bromley North (Owner Found)

Post by OConnor »

Black and white cat found in our garden on the afternoon of Wednesday 1 October.
Quite petite, fluffy, very friendly and obviously domesticated, black with white chest and paws, bright yellow-green eyes and white whiskers.
Please contact asap if this sounds familiar as we may have to take her/him to a rehoming centre this weekend if not. Unfortunately we can't keep her even though we'd like to. See photo below.

Thank you!
Attachments
Miercoles2.jpg
(36.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Miercoles1.jpg
Miercoles1.jpg (28.1 KiB) Viewed 4115 times
pandorawarlord
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Bromley North

Post by pandorawarlord »

have you checked to see if you have new neighbours or taken this cat to a vet to see if it has a chip? It seems rather strange that such a lovely cat comes into your garden on the 1st and 3 days later you want to put it into a rehoming centre, please try and find the owner or give someone the chance to find their cat
OConnor
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by OConnor »

Yes I have had her checked at the vet for a chip and she doesn't have one. I have tried using this website, social media and put up posters around the neighbourhood but no one has contacted me. I don't want her to go without food as the vet suggested - to help her go back to her owners but I can't take her in as we already have a cat who I feel will feel threatened by a new pet (he is already reacting badly to us feeding her outside). Believe me I am trying my best to find her owners as we don't want to steal anyone's pet!
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome,

Have you tried the paper collar to see whether the cat has an owner, and rung round all your local rescues to see whether a cat of that description has been reported missing and to report this one?

Details and lots more info on tracing an owner can be found on this page (and also what to do if you can't find an owner, i.e. putting the cat on waiting lists with rescues):

http://www.catchat.org/lost.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used the paper collar with a stray and found the owner on the second attempt, so it's worth trying a few times if the first one doesn't work. Best of luck!
OConnor
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by OConnor »

Yes thank you will have a go at the paper collar, hopefully it won't come off to easily!
I will also call around as it has been 5 days now and she hasn't left.

All the best.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Good luck OConnor. It could be that the cat has strayed too far and got lost, it's good of you to care though, do let us know how things go.
pandorawarlord
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by pandorawarlord »

I'm in Bromley too Oconnor and I am asking people regarding this cat as one B/W went missing in West Wickham, also just to let you know that the rspca have only just put her details onto their site 30 minutes ago.
OConnor
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by OConnor »

Great to hear about RSPCA - our neighbour is also helping to find the owner. Really hope she hasn't been abandoned as she's a very good humoured cat!
OConnor
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by OConnor »

Just to let you all know the cat's owner was found! He had strayed away only a few doors down and was a new neighbour's kitten about 5 doors away. So there is a happy ending - they are going to get him microchipped. Thanks for your help!