Need some advice please

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!

Need some advice please

Post by laura1959 »

I have two female rescue cats that I got from a rescue centre in august I have noticed this before but now a bit alarmed both seem to still have a few of there stiches from there neutering operation it only seems to bother them it you touch it,but I would of thought the stiches would of dissolved by now ??am I wrong ?? :? :?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Need some advice please

Post by bobbys girl »

Some stitches dissolve, others have to be removed. I'm surprised the rescue centre didn't tell you that. I'd take them both to your vet to get that looked at. It would be a good idea to get them checked by a vet anyway and sort out vaccinations etc (unless the rescue have seen to that).
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I agree, and it might be an idea to ring the rescue and speak to them first.
laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by laura1959 »

Crewella wrote:I agree, and it might be an idea to ring the rescue and speak to them first.
Thanks I am surprised they didn't tell us too,they don't seem to be bothering them too much only when we touch them ,I don't really want to put them in there cat carrier again so soon as the rescue centre isn't that near us ,but if necessary I could take to a vet .
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

probably a vet nurse could whip them out in no time, and at small cost

I'm surprised the cats haven't pulled them out themselves - the soreness you can sense may be the result of them licking the area too vigourously rather than anything going on below the skin
laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by laura1959 »

Kay wrote:probably a vet nurse could whip them out in no time, and at small cost

I'm surprised the cats haven't pulled them out themselves - the soreness you can sense may be the result of them licking the area too vigourously rather than anything going on below the skin
yes I think I may take them to local vet ,I am surprised they haven't taken them out themselves as they are always washing themselves and licking , but I just feel they shouldn't be in there.
Sheana
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Sheana »

Ah there's a a big frown at the rescue center. They should have told you, after all when they do something they should see right to the end. Meh, I am very surprised and in an unpleasant way. As it seems so carefree. Could thing those girls have you and your caring and attention. Let us know please how things work out.