Cat wanted any colour, any age, any disability NOW SORTED

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Lefty
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Cat wanted any colour, any age, any disability NOW SORTED

Post by Lefty »

Hi I'm new here

We used to have 3 cats all of which have now passed on due to age. We lost our last cat Garfield only a few weeks ago and we miss him terribly.

My husband is disabled & Garfield & He were inseperable in fact Garfield would keep an eye on him. When the nurse visited he would jump up on the bed or the chair keeping a close eye on the nurse. He didn't like it when she drew blood to check his Warfarin Level & would emit a quiet growl

Each week as I work away for 3 days we travel in our motorhome to both Wiltshire & Bristol & the cat would accompany us

Regards Chris
Last edited by Lefty on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
vs
New Cat Chatter

Re: Cat wanted any colour, any age, any disability WEST DORS

Post by vs »

I have a 2 and a half year old black female cat called Penny, vaccinated and neutered. She has some health issues. She has chronic sinusitis which means she is sniffling. She is about to have a blood test, as there is a suspicion that she may be Felv positive. (She has had 2 tests and one was positive and one negative). She looks well and is affectionate and playful and would make someone a lovely pet. Please contact me for a photo.
Changsai
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Changsai »

What's wrong with getting a cat from a rescue centre?
Lefty
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Lefty »

Changsai wrote:What's wrong with getting a cat from a rescue centre?
As we now have ;) I dunno what is wrong with getting a cat from a rescue centre :roll:
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Lefty wrote:
As we now have ;) I dunno what is wrong with getting a cat from a rescue centre :roll:
Sorry does that mean that you now have a new cat ?

Don't wish to sound stupid but I don't understand your response to the question ......
Lefty
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Lefty »

JulieandBarney wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Sorry does that mean that you now have a new cat ?

Don't wish to sound stupid but I don't understand your response to the question ......
Yes & she came from a rescue centre
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Great news - can you tell us something about her?
Lefty
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Lefty »

Jacks wrote:Great news - can you tell us something about her?
Well she's called Milly & has now settled into our routine that is when we travel from Bridport to Hungerford then onto Bristol then back home Friday evening she's now completely unfazed by it all.

When we started a couple of weeks ago & we thought it best to have her travel in her carry basket Milly on the otherhand was having none of it :roll: . She wanted out as She wanted to see where she was going. The problem with that idea was that on one occasion she decided to walk across the top of the dash (we were traveling on the M5 doing about 60mph at the time :o )

Now she travels on my BH's lap for all the journey. She does occasionally stand up to see where we are going but motorways are SOOOO boring she quickly lays down again

Also we do now, as we didn't before, make comfort stops just in case she needs to go (when traveling we keep her litter tray in the shower) so no problem cleaning up if she misses (her aim ain't great yet)

She's a lovely cat very affectionate & understands the words NO NO MILLY & takes notice (if she feels like it)

In the evening when we retire to bed she comes with us (no way of stopping her really) and stays on the bed until the BH awakes in the morning UNLESS she hears an unusual sound then she goes to investigate (she's only little but very brave)

Anyway great cat AND we are going to see another kitten (male) (Sunday 3pm) who will (we hope) be a companion for her & being very young won't try to dominate her

Thanks for asking
Regards Milly's servant's Cris & Jon
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

That's wonderful - it sounds as though she has fitted in perfectly - congrats!

And good luck with the new addition. :)