Several weeks in and 'Homes Offered' still showing 0 posts

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Several weeks in and 'Homes Offered' still showing 0 posts

Post by MarkB »

:(

I guess it reflects the way things are for rescues. It irks me when I see posts about rescues 'not interested in helping' when plenty of cats are going into rescue and very few going out :(
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Several weeks in and 'Homes Offered' still showing 0 pos

Post by Kay »

let's hope all the people wanting to rehome a cat have gone in person to a rescue and don't need to post their intent on a forum - though of course there are loads of links on Catchat to wade through
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

I've been watching that too and wondered when it would show a post. As folk often point out on here, most of us have several cats already but it's still hard not being able to offer a home to more.
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

In fairness, I'm not sure why many people would post on here about wanting to offer a home when this forum is attached to a network of rescues, all you have to do is click on the main Catchat.org logo above to see rows of lovely cats seeking homes. People are much more likely to post looking for rehoming help because rescues are overflowing and cannot help; sadly there are now all too many unwanted cats out there to choose from if you're looking to adopt. I remember as a kid my Mum calling around for weeks and weeks trying to find a rescue kitten because supply was much more evenly matched by demand, and we didn't even care what colour it was...