Hello from Becci&Comet in Edinburgh, Scotland!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Hello from Becci&Comet in Edinburgh, Scotland!

Post by KittyWitty »

I just realised that I have been posting and commenting but I haven't even introduced myself! Oops!

I am Becci and Comet is my little boy, he is 12 weeks old...we got him a week ago yesterday and met him for the first time on St Valentines Day - it was definitely love at first site!

Until his vet appointment on Monday we thought that he was a she, just because mummy and daddy kitties owner had thought he was a girl. Originally he was called Gaia but we thought we needed to change that since it is quite a feminine name, which was sad because my partner and I both loved the name.

My boy has such an amazing temperament and he is just an absolute star and a real mummy's boy!

Here are a few photos of my gorgeous little boy :)

This is his youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziblaJdMCU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Attachments
3d966c91-5bb4-4a70-9d5d-4473e7775bc4.jpg
3d966c91-5bb4-4a70-9d5d-4473e7775bc4.jpg (251.69 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
c6a3c037-af11-4cd8-8213-891ea1c8914e.jpg
c6a3c037-af11-4cd8-8213-891ea1c8914e.jpg (138.68 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
bddf39d8-e731-4f7f-aece-a43223b26a66.jpg
bddf39d8-e731-4f7f-aece-a43223b26a66.jpg (136.51 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
bb14cc22-15dc-4139-b6ea-1698f6eb36b5.jpg
bb14cc22-15dc-4139-b6ea-1698f6eb36b5.jpg (148.2 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
7a00f4ab-ec18-4f5f-8c64-cf8f31102090.jpg
7a00f4ab-ec18-4f5f-8c64-cf8f31102090.jpg (159.41 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
Last edited by KittyWitty on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Hello from Becci&Comet in Edinburgh, Scotland!

Post by lilynmitz »

Wow, he is absolutely gorgeous! I do love black cats. He's the dead spit of Mo, who was the love of my life and a complete handful. He was originally called Jet in the rescue centre. I soon found out this was not just because of his colour, he was jet propelled! By the look of him Comet has earned his name the same way... :-)
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

lilynmitz wrote:Wow, he is absolutely gorgeous! I do love black cats. He's the dead spit of Mo, who was the love of my life and a complete handful. He was originally called Jet in the rescue centre. I soon found out this was not just because of his colour, he was jet propelled! By the look of him Comet has earned his name the same way... :-)
Oh yes he has! He runs around at lightening speed!

Hes a funny colour, he looks pitch black but when you get close he has tabby stripes of dark brown (as you can see in the below picture) and tiny little tufts of white scattered about.
Attachments
1798709_10151858021156599_287988074_n.jpg
(111.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

What a wonderful little lad Comet is, and what beautiful pictures! The close-ups look just like my Lara; she is 2 years almost and tiny and petite but full of energy, lithe and mischievous - light of my life! Little black cats have such stunning personalities. Lara has little crops of white 'sensing hairs' as well.

How exciting that you've had Comet from so small and you can encourage all the good sides of his character. He can grow up being loved and nurtured as well, in his forever home.

Hope you have many, many happy years with him xxx
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

Oh isn't he stunning! I've just been reading on another thread that he has let you clean his teeth! Very impressive. I wish we had started that with our Mika. Jess on the other hand would never be up for that - he's highly suspicious of everything unless he's in a sleepy mood :)
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

Please give Comet a really big fuss from me! What a lovely cat he is, may you both have many happy years together.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Jacks wrote:What a wonderful little lad Comet is, and what beautiful pictures! The close-ups look just like my Lara; she is 2 years almost and tiny and petite but full of energy, lithe and mischievous - light of my life! Little black cats have such stunning personalities. Lara has little crops of white 'sensing hairs' as well.

How exciting that you've had Comet from so small and you can encourage all the good sides of his character. He can grow up being loved and nurtured as well, in his forever home.

Hope you have many, many happy years with him xxx
He has a great wee personality, a complete devil at times haha! He is definitely learning right from wrong but unfortunately gets away with things/is allowed to do things that he shouldn't when human daddy is around and in charge :roll: which is very frustrating!!! Even after me telling my partner to do certain things.

We have gerbils in a glass gerbilarium and he loves to watch them which they are fine with as long as it is through the glass walls but they hate it when he is on the lid so we have a cushion is on their lid, partner just fed them and didn't put the cushion back so Comet jumped onto the lid and the gerbils (Smokey and Django) nearly had a heart attack! Poor wee things! Feel like I am training two beings sometimes!
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Hazel wrote:Oh isn't he stunning! I've just been reading on another thread that he has let you clean his teeth! Very impressive. I wish we had started that with our Mika. Jess on the other hand would never be up for that - he's highly suspicious of everything unless he's in a sleepy mood :)
He didn't let me finish today haha got his teeth for about a second before he decided that it wasn't on! So gel went on paw again! Perseverance! :lol:
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

hgale wrote:Please give Comet a really big fuss from me! What a lovely cat he is, may you both have many happy years together.
Have done! :)
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Just looked back to find your earlier, posts, Becci, and to gaze upon the beautiful boy! My goodness, what a handsome fella he is going to be when he's all grown up. I think my Edgar has competition!

Will your little girl now be called Gaia? Are you going back to Comet's foster mum and dad for her?
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jan1957 »

Comet is absolutely gorgeous and wonderful! I love love love black cats. One of mine - Georgie - is black - 7 1/2 years old now and is just beginning to sprout grey hairs!
How people cannot want black cats has always amazed me - our Georgie is the love of our lives!
Hope you have many many many happy and healthy years together!
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

What's making me laugh, Becci, is that Comet's posts on DDDD go so well with his picture. I can truly imagine him making his little posts on the puter now! Crazy cat ladies, the lot of us. Is there any hope?!
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

SarahT1 [PLLE] wrote:Just looked back to find your earlier, posts, Becci, and to gaze upon the beautiful boy! My goodness, what a handsome fella he is going to be when he's all grown up. I think my Edgar has competition!

Will your little girl now be called Gaia? Are you going back to Comet's foster mum and dad for her?
What's making me laugh, Becci, is that Comet's posts on DDDD go so well with his picture. I can truly imagine him making his little posts on the puter now! Crazy cat ladies, the lot of us. Is there any hope?!
Hey Sarah! He is a handsome boy! We'll just see how he grows up and whether Edgar will have competition! Not sure, I'd like to use the name Gaia but will see if it suits my little girl and no, we aren't using the same fosters, we'll be going to someone else as they haven't got any kittens! Oh and cat loving ladies are not crazy, we are just unique haha!!!
jan1957 wrote:Comet is absolutely gorgeous and wonderful! I love love love black cats. One of mine - Georgie - is black - 7 1/2 years old now and is just beginning to sprout grey hairs!
How people cannot want black cats has always amazed me - our Georgie is the love of our lives!
Hope you have many many many happy and healthy years together!
Yeah, I agree!!! I really do not understand why people don't like black cats!!! They are BEAUTIFUL!
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

Comet is one beautiful kitten. So young, yet handsome as could be. Looks like a toy player, rather put his paws on plants and such.
A sister maybe the perfect idea after all. A little friend.
What expressful eyes....
jill
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Video of Comet taken today: http://youtu.be/84e-gLkKc0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Playing with his Cat's Meow :)
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

He's a sweetie. You'll find he'll lose a bit of interest in his toy after a while - just pack it up and put it away for a few weeks until he's forgets it, then the fun starts all over again. All my cats thoroughly enjoy theirs each time I bring it out.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Yeah, its funny how they love something one minute then aren't interested in it the next.

Silly kitties... :lol: