BEWARE horrible kitten farm sites !!

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Elaine
New Cat Chatter

BEWARE horrible kitten farm sites !!

Post by Elaine »

My husband and I are currently searching for our next young cat to adopt. Hopefully we will find one soon. During my search I cam accross a site called;
KITTENSFORADOPTION.CO.UK
I was taken in by it as it looked very professional. I made several enquiries after falling in love with some of the photos. They all had the same pattern in getting back to me. The English was very poor and they all asked me for my personal email address so they could email me more details and photos. After giving this I began to get replies that all looked the same that were worded badly and said they would supply all official paperwork for the kittens and that they needed all my details to post the kitten from County Antrim!!! I was shocked an immediately siad I was no longer interested. This obviously means ther are horrible kitten farms and completely evil people profiteering from the suffering of animals and taking advantage of good people like us. I felt sick to my stomach that I had initially been taken in and wanted to make sure nobody else does. I think there are many sites like this and they should all be banned. Has anybody else had this experience?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: BEWARE horrible kitten farm sites !!

Post by Crewella »

Weird site - they all seem to say free, but I'm not convinced.

What really threw me was the 'Cat and Kitten FAQ' page - first question up is "How do I enter in telepathic contact with a cat". I have no wish to belittle anyone that shares different beliefs from mine ....... but I'm not sure that would be the first question (of only a few) on a cat and kitten FAQ on a reputable site ....... no info anywhere that restored my faith in it. I've also just read that apparently non-pedigree cats are called 'mobys' in the UK! :?

Hopefully you'll find a new family member from a proper rescue, we do still have the odd kitten coming in to ours, even though 'kitten season' proper has come to an end, good luck in your search. :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

POST a kitten from Antrim?!! :shock: Words fail me! (well anything other than obscenities)
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

Did you report them to the RSPCA?