FIV and fits ? bad nws

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
vez
New Cat Chatter

FIV and fits ? bad nws

Post by vez »

my cay hal is fiv + and last night had a fit he was mouth breathig and staggering all over the place after he calmed down and slept through the rest of the night but has had a few more smaller ones after he got back from the vet i think his back legs are starting to go :( the vet said that it might be a virus attacing his brain or somthing is this some thing they get they get to the end (i hope not ) :( xvx
Last edited by vez on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: FIV and fits ?

Post by Camdengirl »

Not something I've heard of before in an FIV cat...has anything else happened to your puss recently? Injury, dental surgery, other health problems?

I do hope Hal improves, one of my cats has seizures and I know how upsetting it is to see. Gentle fusses to Hal.
vez
New Cat Chatter

Post by vez »

he had some teeth out a while ago but apart from that no :(
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

How is Hal doing today?
vez
New Cat Chatter

Post by vez »

nuch the same he had a few mouthfulls of science plan food went in the kitchen and back staggering all the way looks like he's drunk i gave him the pills the vet gave me to but the walkings still not good :( xvx
vez
New Cat Chatter

Re: FIV and fits ? bad nws

Post by vez »

bad news i had to have him put to sleep as he would have only got worse and he hed hed enough of injections and pills so upset now :cry: :cry:xvx
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

I'm so sorry, it's the hardest thing to do for a pet, but also the kindest. He was very lucky to have someone to love him and to make the final decision for him. Hugs x
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

So sorry to hear about your poor boy - what a horrible shock for you! Thank goodness he didn't suffer long as you got him to the vet quickly and he had a happy life with you. I know you will miss him terribly but you have done the kindest thing x
elastu
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by elastu »

I am so sorry and know how difficult it is to make the decision for our final act of kindness. Take care
Carol-loves-cats
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Carol-loves-cats »

So sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to make the discussion, I had to have my 20 year put to sleep a week ago :(
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry, it's just the hardest decision to have to make, but I'm sure you've done the kindest thing in the circumstances.

Rest in peace, Hal (((hugs)))
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Willowgill »

I'm so sorry - such a hard decision but the final kindness we do for those we love :-(