Insurance for older cats

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Insurance for older cats

Post by Catfan5 »

Hi,
I have two cats who are almost 7 years old and wondered who to insure them with as some companies won't insure over a certain age. Some seem to stop at 9 or 10 and I'm a bit worried I won't be able to insure them. :(
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Insurance for older cats

Post by Catfan5 »

If anyone has managed to insure their older cats can you tell me which insurance company you use. Sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find a thread on search.
Meandmymunki
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Meandmymunki »

Mine are insured with direct line, they insure up to 10th birthday. I pay about 12 a month for my oldest Marilyn who is now 10 and that's for £3000 cover with a max treatment for a year on ongoing health issues.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Hi

We're insured with PetPlan including my 17 year old. Her cover is not as extensive as for the other two (aged 10 and 7) but there's something there, and for non pre-existing conditions I'll be able to claim. So far, all her treatment has been dental which was pre-exiting so no claim yet, but in theory it's there! My 10 year old was 9 when insured and 10 was the cut off age policy she is on to start, but she has it for life because was made before her 10th birthday.
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Catfan5 »

Thanks for your responses. I will look at Petplan as my other younger cats are with them. Glad to hear they will carry on insuring them if they are already with them.