Lost two babies in 3 weeks.

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Lost two babies in 3 weeks.

Post by Joanne_ »

I need to write this out:(

Firstly my beautiful baby Jimmy was diagnosed in November with acute kidney failure. He had his ups and downs and was actually picking up then he suddenly went down hill on new years day, on the 2nd we took him to the vets and he had lost all kidney function so we had to put him to sleep. That was such an awful day but I have comfort that he was an elderly cat and his death was from age more than anything.

Then yesterday my beautiful cat Erik went missing. Today we found out he had been knocked over on our street, totally squashed and his body was placed by a man in a bin. When we found all this out it was too late and his body had been removed by bin men:( The man had managed to keep his collar for us and even that was a mess so in a way even though I feel sick his body is in a bin I guess it saves us from seeing the mess of it.

I just don't know how to process all of this. I expected Jimmys death but in no way I ever expected this. I feel angry at who ever ran him over even though I know it would be an accident:(

here are my babies anyways

Jimmy
480560_4529871837582_711414841_n.jpg
(75.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Erik
320564_10150290794567061_221216147_n.jpg
(74.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Lost two babies in 3 weeks.

Post by JulieandBarney »

Oh Joanne, I am so, so sorry, I can not believe it, you have been through so much these last few weeks, my heart goes out to you, play safely at the Bridge now Erik, amongst all our other loved ones.....xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Dear Joanne,

What an awful thing to happen and a horrible shock for you! I do feel for you and wish there was something I could say or do to ease the pain.

RIP darling kitties - 'til we meet again. xx
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

Joanne,
So sorry to read your very distresiing post..
Such beautiful cats.
No words can express the sadness you must be feeling now..I send all my loving thoughts to you and hope your heart will ease eventually.
Sue G
x
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

What beautiful pictures, they look like they were both real characters.
At least the man kept his collar for you, that was a kind thing to do. Although you haven't had chance to say goodbye you are still left with your photos and memories.
RIP Erik and Jimmy, together again. x
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Catfan5 »

So sorry for your loss, very sad. RIP little ones x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

As has been said, I really wish there was someting I could say to make it better, I'm so sorry. (((hugs)))
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

Thanks guys. I am finding it really difficult to accept. After I lost Jimmy I tried to focus on the future positives and my main one was having Erik around for the next 6+ years. He was such a funny guy. He would 'talk' to you(I must upload some videos on you tube). He was very quiet, never meowed really and when he did it was a funny little meow. He was extremely adventurous, always out and about and would come home smelling of perfume haha, so he clearly had made friends with some lady over the years. He was never a knee cat, would happily let you walk around with him lying like a baby in your arm though and loved to snuggle up in bed. He had an obsession of being nosey, always climbing in cuboards,carrier bags,draws, you name it and as Erik would clearly be saying 'if I fit I sit' lol. He loved you to make him his own den. His obsession of being under covers was funny, so some nights id get a blanket and loop it over the sofa so he was able to snuggle up inside. I just cant believe I never got to say goodbye:(

Our remaining cat Ted is missing his brother so much. He knew before we did that something was wrong as he was acting out of character. He spent the day depressed. It was awful to watch. He just sat there in a sleeping position with his eye open for hours:( he was not like this at all with Jimmy so he clearly had a special bond with Erik. We have already said we will get another brother for Ted as he is young and needs someone to play with.

I shall introduce you all to Ted. Isnt he just beautiful? I swear I have the mot handsome cats ever haha totally bias.
929048_1412549879011219_500740693_n.jpg
929048_1412549879011219_500740693_n.jpg (149.51 KiB) Viewed 5318 times
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello Ted,

what a handsome boy you are and what a lovely, smiley face you have. I know you are missing your brother right now, your mummy is too. I want you to be an extra specially good boy, for your mummy.

and 'mummy', thinking of you (hugs).
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

Oh Joanne,

What a beautiful boy Ted is !!! I agree with you about him needing a companion to ease his sadness, he is adorable ....and such a lucky fella to have such a loving, caring home too, bless you...x
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

Having a rubbish night thinking of Erik:( Keep thinking all the 'what ifs' like what if I had not been ill in bed that day, i'd have made sure he was settled in bed like every other day and he may have just not gone out...
Jasmine
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Jasmine »

So easy to blame ourselves and think what if we had not done certain things but none of us know what lies round the corner

So sorry for your sad loss
Fran_ki
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Fran_ki »

Oh Joanne what an awful heartbreaking time you've had lately . I really really feel for you. Your wee darlings were just adorable . They'll be running around together at rainbow bridge hopefully my wee Kenzie was there to welcome them as he went in November .
You have lots of great memories of them both and it's nice you shared some of their traits with us. We always think 'if only' "what if" I did too.
They will be happy and full of beans running about up there. Hugs yo you Joanne and RIP wee ones.
Ted is such a handsome wee fella I'm sure he misses his "brothers" and it'll be a difficult time for him too.
When you feel it's right a wee new addition will be good for you both . Lots of love xxx
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

Thank you! It so hard even now its been 3 weeks since Erik was ran over and I still sob like a baby over it. Life was just so unfair to him:( he was such a beautiful soul:( We have just adopted a lovely Kitten (all black) so we are awaiting a home visit and his neutering before he arrives. I cannot wait to have more cats running around my feet.